Films (Almost Entirely Surround)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, the movie was critically panned but having perused 'the Legend of Robin Hood' doubtful any prior movie, including the Errol Flynn classic, got it right https://www.historic-uk.com/HistoryUK/HistoryofEngland/Robin-Hood/

If you want an absolute state of the art Native UHD4K [mastered from 8K] with an equally stunning soundtrack [Atmos included] look NO further....and during Black Friday ONLY $7.99 [since expired] from you guessed it, AmazonUS.

See the source image

BOY IN THE HOOD LIKE YOU'VE NEVER QUITE SEEN HIM BEFORE

81u63NAcm4L._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Finally watched Phantom Thread last night. An Anderson fan here, really liked the movie. Score by Radiohead guitarist Jonny Greenwood very moving overall, with great immersive parts. Had only 5.1 dts option, definitely will rip the 7.1 dts-HD to investigate more.
Edit: there's a DTS:X track, but I can't report on this (4K has the same audio options).
https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Phantom-Thread-Blu-ray/195425/

Last edited:
I stocked up on True/Native 4K films during Black Friday (all from Amazon US):

Apocalypse Now - $9.99
Blackhawk Down - $9.99
Dunkirk - $9.99
Ex Machina - $7.99
Overlord - $8.99
The Revenant - $9.99

I still have to get a 4K display to accompany my Oppo 203, but I couldn’t pass on these great deals. Especially compared to the $19.99 I typically payed for DVDs during their reign!

Speaking of subwoofer workouts: Watched Godzilla , King of Monsters 4K. Awesome sound effects right from the beginning. Son goes " Dad, the whole house is shaking. You are lucky mom is not home !"
Give the better half a couple hundred for some secret Xmas shopping.
The house can be all yours for a few hours.....

Not to be a 'spoil sport' dear Pupster but the reviews at Blu~ray.com were dismal: https://www.blu-ray.com/6-Underground/860629/#Review

But for those who have NETFLIX [like you and I].....probably worth a watch.

Still haven't watched Scorsese's THE IRISHMAN on Netflix ......almost 4 hours!
I haven't seen it yet but IMDB gives it 6.3. I usually find that I agree with their ratings and anything over 6 is usually OK by me....

Director Martin Scorsese recently came under attack for proclaiming that his newest opus The Irishman should be viewed on the largest screen possible....and not on Iphones or Ipads, etc., and further irked the viewing public by asserting that DC/Marvel movies were NOT true cinema.

I totally understand where he's coming from ....... asserting that most CGI films have the actors playing against blue screens and not to other actors unless they're wearing dots on their bodies. Most of those films are short on plot and how many times can they SAVE THE WORLD from calamity?

But unfortunately for you, Mr. Scorsese, those 'pseudo films' have grossed more money worldwide than all your magnificent films combined ......SO MUCH FOR ART!

Back