Films (Almost Entirely Surround)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Netflix new series Locke and Keye based on the comic book by Joe Hill is excellent with great use of surrounds

See the source image

See the source image

Best Buy - Deal of the Day - 9.99 Marvel and Disney Steel Book 4k movies - about 5 Marvels - Capt Marvel - 3 Iron Mans and a Thor ohhhh and Lion King 2019 the rest Disney cartoon movies - Today 2/16 only

Snood bought 5 and used a 25 dollar Best Buy bux that me knew me had but it expires Sunday and had no Idea, used another 15 card and all 5 for 14 plus bux :SB

Last edited:
Here are 2 of my recent "brain off, volume up" watches:

Brightburn (2019) 4K:
1. Some discreet surround moments.
2. Room-rattling lows. Had to drop the sub 4dB from its usual level.
3. An interesting idea that would have benefited from a better script and more experienced director. Worth a look if you like Superman though and have a spare 90 minutes.
4. Elizabeth Banks was good.

Kong: Skull Island (2017) 4K:
1. I watched the BD back in 2017 and the surround mix always stuck in my mind as being very discreet, almost throughout the entire movie. Picked it up on 4K and gave it another spin, and am happy to report that I remembered correctly - very discreet all round.
2. More room-rattling lows. Had to drop the sub 4dB from its usual level again. Had to straighten a large picture 3 times during the movie too as it was angling down and I didn't want to run the risk of it falling off the hook. At one point, the reflection in the glass showed it wobbling around like a maniac.
3. Pretty forgettable movie but a good one for showing friends and family what decent home cinema/surround mixes are like. Wish they were all this good.

Parasite (2019) BD:
1. Discrete 5.1 DTS-MA mix right from the opening logo. Most of the movie is in a domestic setting yet there's still a surprisingly decent amount of discrete surround activity. All movies should be this discrete at the very least.
2. Great cinematography/colours/acting/direction.
3. An entertaining watch and worth a look.

Last edited:
Parasite (2019) BD:
1. Discrete 5.1 DTS-MA mix right from the opening logo. Most of the movie is in a domestic setting yet there's still a surprisingly decent amount of discrete surround activity. All movies should be this discrete at the very least.
2. Great cinematography/colours/acting/direction.
3. An entertaining watch and worth a look.
Great movie. Discrete surround. Thanks for the recommendation !

Back