Films (Almost Entirely Surround)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coming From Universal Pictures at a date TBA later this year

11923_tn.jpg

I just watched season 3 of Dark. Don't do dolby atmos so cant comment on that. Someone please explain season 3 to me? Really loved 1 and 2 but when I get to a parallel world more time jumping multiple different time period copies of characters encountering themselves I realized I just haven't done enough drugs. Or understand Germans.

I just watched season 3 of Dark. Don't do dolby atmos so cant comment on that. Someone please explain season 3 to me? Really loved 1 and 2 but when I get to a parallel world more time jumping multiple different time period copies of characters encountering themselves I realized I just haven't done enough drugs. Or understand Germans.
It might be my own personal confusion but the novelty of all this time jumping just wore me out !

Great post to wake up to Mr. Clement! I hope someone on QQ besides you & me gives it a chance & watches it. I have to ask.... have you seen this before or watching now part way through? No spoilers here but save the last episode for it's own special viewing. It's a killer. The Sound & Vision review really hit the spot.

Don't forget there was a feature length CB movie Knockin' on Heaven's Door that takes place between eps 22>23. The dedicated viewer will always take that detour.

BEBOP MOVIE.jpg

Great post to wake up to Mr. Clement! I hope someone on QQ besides you & me gives it a chance & watches it. I have to ask.... have you seen this before or watching now part way through? No spoilers here but save the last episode for it's own special viewing. It's a killer. The Sound & Vision review really hit the spot.

Don't forget there was a feature length CB movie Knockin' on Heaven's Door that takes place between eps 22>23. The dedicated viewer will always take that detour.

View attachment 53390
Students turned me onto anime early in my teaching career (late '80s/early 90s). By the time BeBop hit, i was turning students on. i remember a particularly apathetic class of "low-level" sophomores back around the turn of the century. Couldn't get them to do any reading or writing outside of class, and the work they did in class was grudgingly minimalistic. One day i brought in Cowboy BeBop and we watched an episode and discussed it as a text. They LOVED it! When they asked for more, i said we would be writing about each episode--their written analyses were their tickets to the next installment. Best thinking and writing i got from them all year! I had the whole series on DVD and upgraded to Blu-ray when i saw it on sale awhile back. One of my favorite series! Ever! So much fun in 5.1!

Although I can´t stand Will Ferrell, I LOOOVE Rachel McAdams and Pierce Brosnan...and as some members in here know, I lived in Madrid most of my adult life (until 2017) and was a big "rubber necking" fan of Eurovision (I guess that is the only way to truly be a fan!)...
So when I saw the Eurovision Song Contest movie in Netflix I naturally chomped on the bait and it was amusing, besides seeing a bunch of Eurovision contestants/artists from previous years I REALLY liked a very NON Eurovision song which I had to look up in the credits and later on the web...

Been watching OUTLANDER in 4K on NETFLIX and compared to what was originally telecast in 2K via STARZ, the image is just INCREDIBLE!

Could there be anything more ironic? Paid subscribers to Starz and other “premium channels” have to wait till their favorite shows are on Netflix to see them in native quality. Likewise for network and even the once-great HBO which has now given up all claims to currency and class. Once the gold standard for both transfer and broadcast quality, they have washed their hands of anything above 20th-century 2K SDR. Pitiful.

Could there be anything more ironic? Paid subscribers to Starz and other “premium channels” have to wait till their favorite shows are on Netflix to see them in native quality. Likewise for network and even the once-great HBO which has now given up all claims to currency and class. Once the gold standard for both transfer and broadcast quality, they have washed their hands of anything above 20th-century 2K SDR. Pitiful.

TOTALLY AGREE. Haven't yet upgraded to HBO MAX but wonder if they'll follow Netflix's lead and increase their 4K broadcasting status. Sure looks a helluva lot better than 2K by a VERY WIDE MARGIN, especially on my LG OLED TV!

Totally agree, Comrade. The Criterion Blu-ray Of The Thin Red Line is beyond impressive A/V-wise, and it’s a fantastic war movie regardless. Will have to watch it again soon!

The Event we've all been waiting for [with baited breath] coming to your home theater on August 10th. Reserve your copy NOW to avoid disappointment, MOST RIGHTEOUS DUDES!

Last edited:
Spoiler Alert: It has a Happy Ending. Gemini Man, helmed by Taiwanese director Ang Lee, was filmed at 60 frames per second and the transfer to Native UHD4K is phenomenol. From the opening shot, the brightness, contrast levels and clarity are superb and definitely display a stark superiority over 1080p. Will Smith's 23 year old Clone was astonishing and the interplay between 50 year old Smith and his clone...unnerving. Could the storyline have been better .... undoubtedly. And while the pacing was fine, for a director of Ang Lee's stature, I did expect more. Paramount/UK Import/HDR/Dolby Vision/Dolby Atmos

81frLFXPhCL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Back