Films (Almost Entirely Surround)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NOW being broadcast via Amazon Prime in UHD4K......The COMPLETE TWILIGHT SAGA....during this 'lockdown' something to sink your teeth into

See the source image

See the source image

Last edited:
Highly Entertaining, but hardly factual, Criterion's new 4K remastered BD~V of John Sturges' THE GREAT ESCAPE

See the source image

Read the Review

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Great-Escape-Blu-ray/263926/#Review
Now 50% off @ Barnes and Noble

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/dvd-the-great-escape-steve-mcqueen/3623934?ean=0715515245814

81NUJBe4QFL._SL1500_.jpg
i had NO idea this 1963 film came with an alternate 5.1 DTS-HD soundtrack! i'll bet the Bernstein score really shines--have you heard it? And, wait--it's not a true story!?😘

i had NO idea this came with an alternate 5.1 DTS-HD soundtrack! i'll bet the Bernstein score really shines--have you heard it?

Nay, the reviewer at Blu~Ray.com only listened to the UNCOMPRESSED 'non bellissima' Monaural Soundtrack and gave it a 5* review. I'm waiting for Barnes and Noble to get Criterion's War of the Worlds back in stock before I place my order as that was HIGHLY RECOMMENDED especially for it's re~purposed 5.1 soundtrack. May order GREAT ESCAPE and HEDWIG and the ANGRY INCH, as well. The latter Criterion BD~V IS A BLAST!

These are a mostly fun watch with a friend if you're in the mood.

Who knew Silent Jay had decent set of lungs on him?

Truthfully, Tim, I'm having a blast re~watching the entire TWILIGHT SAGA on Prime Video in UHD4K as the first time around, I wasn't at all impressed with the series.

Ironically, Kristen Stewart has now been tasked with playing Lady Di in an upcoming biography.

https://worldofwonder.net/casting-news-kristen-stewart-to-play-princess-diana-can-she-do-it/
See the source image

Last edited:
Watched about 15 minutes of the Criterion release of 1953's "War of the Worlds" last night and can't wait to watch the rest this weekend. I don't remember it ever being this colorful, or the sound being this fantastic (I think Ben Burtt did the surround mix but don't quote me on that). Details look good too, such that I am not confident that the rumored 4k coming later this year could offer any more detail so may skip buying that one. Ah the good old days when men wore business suits to fight aliens and it seemed that all women took screaming lessons in high school right after home economics. Love 50's sci-fi!

just received the Criterion box of Bruce Lee movies...it looks great, instead of a normal booklet they did a bigger/ retro booklet (has to be folded twice for it to fit)...

Can't wait to see Enter the Dragon in all its glory...(and Surround)

Now , my gripe is that they did not include all the fighting scenes that were already shot for Game of Death, which are only available on the UK DVD sets from the early 2000s...oh well

Watched about 15 minutes of the Criterion release of 1953's "War of the Worlds" last night and can't wait to watch the rest this weekend. I don't remember it ever being this colorful, or the sound being this fantastic (I think Ben Burtt did the surround mix but don't quote me on that). Details look good too, such that I am not confident that the rumored 4k coming later this year could offer any more detail so may skip buying that one. Ah the good old days when men wore business suits to fight aliens and it seemed that all women took screaming lessons in high school right after home economics. Love 50's sci-fi!

Was actually hoping for a proper Native UHD4K transfer of WAR OF THE WORLDS and if done properly [HDR10/DOLBY VISION] scanned from the original camera elements it should actually exceed Criterion's 1080p remaster.

And Clement, Is it possible for a computer to have HAL~I~TOSIS?

Along with Larry of the Middle East [er, Lawrence of Arabia] and Gandhi, one of the CROWNING👑ACHIEVEMENTS of what can be accomplished with NATIVE UHD 4K Remasters!

Last edited:
Back