Quantcast

Surround Polls and Poll Reports: Post your updates, issues & suggestions here please

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

HomerJAU

Moderator: MCH Media Players
Staff member
I've just updated the QQ Poll page with latest voting data and have added two new 'features':
  • 1. There is now a new Hires Poll PDF Report that adds Dynamic Range (DR) for each release, collected by several QQ members.
This can be download from the new hires poll page and has live links back to each title voting page.​
The DR is not included in the Hires poll page, only in the new DR PDF linked to that page.​
The DR for quad SACDs has been done by removing 'silent' channels prior to running the DR analysis (These 'silent' channels were being 'seen' by the DR tool and causing issues, see other threads here on QQ).​
Not all hires release DRs are currently included. They only exist where a few QQ volunteers have the titles, and measured DR. If you have missing DR for any title please post in this thread. Please DO NOT post in the poll voting threads.​
  • 2. For hires poll only, I've add a new suffix to the release title: '(Quad)'. Now users can filter/search for 'Quad' in the poll page and see Quad hires releases.
If you'd like to report missing 'Quads' suffixes, please post in this thread (only)​
Over time, your input can fill the DR gaps and correct Quad suffixes.
THANK YOU:
A huge thanks particularly to: J. Pupster and Albertop for their help in getting DR into the QQ poll database!!

Since I've started this thread for Poll updates, issues and suggestions, can we also post technical Poll related matters here, including requests for new polls, incorrect titles etc?

THX
Garry

Last edited:

beerking

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Many Thanks as ever Garry.

As it happens, I do have a number of releases that could do with a poll listing.
How would you like these itemised?
I didn't want to swamp you with more work, more than happy to include a couple at a time!!
I also realise there a quite a few of us that have different releases for Poll listings....as has been discussed recently in 'Listening Now'
On that basis, more than happy to wait for your confirmation of how these releases can be highlighted, especially so that you don't get double or triple posts for the same one!!

HomerJAU

Moderator: MCH Media Players
Staff member
Just go ahead and list them here in a post.

If the the album has previously been released with same surround mix it’s traditionally included in the original poll I believe.

Ryan @rtbluray is the hires poll moderator so he will make the decision on how/when your requests are dealt with for hires releases.

The mods are all just surround enthusiasts so no promises as to when or if anything gets done, but this is a good thread to start a To Do list.

Just fire away.

Last edited:

Clement

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
What if, once a member suggests a title, other members hit it with a like (or love) or disregard it; that way we could get a feel for how many of us would like to see a poll. Here's one for which I would like to see a poll:

beerking

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
What if, once a member suggests a title, other members hit it with a like (or love) or disregard it; that way we could get a feel for how many of us would like to see a poll. Here's one for which I would like to see a poll:

Great minds think alike Clem...although that may mean we have a runners and riders poll, before the actual poll...😀

J. PUPSTER

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter

I'm sure that will be added in not too long a time; and I've already got the DR numbers on it ;)

Clement

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
I'm sure that will be added in not too long a time; and I've already got the DR numbers on it ;)
And it has been added! Click HERE That was easy! Let's try again, shall we?
This is an interesting
thread about an interesting release

1582089628651.png
bonnie "prince" billy the letting go
What say you, moderators, to a poll for this one? Comrades, if you are with me, like this post; if not, please disregard. Stay surrounded!

humprof

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
And it has been added! Click HERE That was easy! Let's try again, shall we?
This is an interesting
thread about an interesting release

View attachment 46407
bonnie "prince" billy the letting go
What say you, moderators, to a poll for this one? Comrades, if you are with me, like this post; if not, please disregard. Stay surrounded!
I've been reading about Will Oldham for ages--I think there was even a profile in The New Yorker a few years ago?--and have so far failed to follow through and check him out. This bit of incentive will put me over the edge. Wasn't even aware this existed. Thanks, @Clement !

P.S.: I found another short thread about this album--in addition to one @Clement cited above (maybe they could be combined?). I came by, uh, let's call it a "preview" copy of this album--I'm intending to get a physical copy from a Discogs seller--and really like it. I'd agree with how others described it in the two threads previously mentioned. A little Sam Amidon, a little Loudon Wainwright, even a little Blue Nile--and a whole lot of David Rawlings & Gillian Welch. Spare instrumentation, which makes for lots of subtleties in the surround mix.

Last edited:

Clement

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
Am I losing my mind?!? No poll for this one:

1582480958642.png
Matt Bianco Matt's Mood

What say you, moderators? Are you in the Mood to start a poll thread? And you, comrades? If you are with me, like this post; if not, sorry to have bothered you! Stay Surrounded!

beerking

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I do wonder what criteria moderators take into consideration when posting a new thread for a desired surround release.
Perhaps a kind moderator would take this as a welcome opportunity, to disclose what it takes to get a release to that status.

beerking

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
There are certainly a handful of releases that I personally think deserve a wider audience.
I also think there is a strong case for resurrecting this thread.

J. PUPSTER

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Am I losing my mind?!? No poll for this one:

View attachment 46619 Matt Bianco Matt's Mood

What say you, moderators? Are you in the Mood to start a poll thread? And you, comrades? If you are with me, like this post; if not, sorry to have bothered you! Stay Surrounded!
As great as this title sounds, I believe even for most folks here on the QQ, this is fairly obscure. But hey, there's much more well known titles with a Poll, i.e. Q8's etc. that have few or even no votes after many years. 🤷‍♂️

beerking

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
As great as this title sounds, I believe even for most folks here on the QQ, this is fairly obscure. But hey, there's much more well known titles with a Poll, i.e. Q8's etc. that have few or even no votes after many years. 🤷‍♂️
I have this release pups and Clem is correct, in that it more than meets our criteria for a great surround album.
But I do hear you for relatively unknown surround albums.
I think that is what we are trying to do, it is to make them more widely known, so other surroundies can then can enjoy, what we hear.