Quantcast

Surround Polls and Poll Reports: Post your updates, issues & suggestions here please

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

~dave~~wave~

800 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
Thanks, Homer, for your good work.

I observe Goats Head Soup landed 525 spots below the Doobs. šŸ™ƒ

In fine company with other favorites of mine lIke...
...Santana Lotus, Rush 2112, Nektar Journey to the Centre of the Eye...
:hi

Stupy

The only 'strange' issue I think about occasionally with the polls relates to the distinction between an audio and an audio/visual release, which is now tangled.

If a bluray with only audio on it is in 24 bit / 48 kHz / 5.1 then it can be in the main chart; but not if it is has a video attached. Seems to me they could be combined with the distinction really being quality:

- 'High Res' minimum 24 bit; 44.1kHz; 4.0; lossless (LPCM, TrueHD, DTS HD-MA etc)
- 'Standard Res' minimum 16 bit; 44.1kHz; 4.0; lossless (LPCM, TrueHD, DTS HD-MA etc)
- 'Low Res' minimum 44.1kHz; 4.0 (DTS; DTS-CD; Dolby AC3 etc)

I'm probably coming from this far too much from a digital-era-audio-nut perspective. The audio track - which is most of what I am interested in at best - does not matter to me if it has a video.

That given; I'm thinking this would be a nightmare to set up and probably not worth it lol

Thanks for the update!

HomerJAU

Moderator: MCH Media Players
Staff member
The distinction on the hires poll is lossless (vs lossy on the Audio DVD poll - DTS or Dolby Digital) at the moment.

The music video poll is if the release is primarily video. If a BD has only a couple of music vids but has an audio only album it considered HiRes Audio and goes on the Hi Res poll.

weekendtoy

500 Club - QQ All-Star
Are the Booka Shade Blu Ray's on the poll?

I just did a search and didn't come up with anything. The new Dear Future Self album on Blu Ray (ATMOS) is off the hook good.

HomerJAU

Moderator: MCH Media Players
Staff member
I just regenerated all QQ Surround Poll Reports and submitted to QQ web admin for uploading onto the server.

New polls generated today should go live within next 24 hrs. As usual, you may have the Refresh the Poll Report web page so view updated info.

No surprises for what's on top of the HiRes Poll.