Surround Polls and Poll Reports: Post your updates, issues & suggestions here please

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

humprof

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Dearest QQ and QQ mods, Cornelius has three albums mixed in 5.1 and none of them have a poll. These are some serious gems!
on discogs: Five Point One, Sensurround, Mellow Waves Visuals
and their respective QQ pages: Five Point One, Sensurround, Mellow Waves Visuals
Audio/visual treats! :SB
Mellow Waves Visuals...holy cats! Music and mixes gobsmackingly good. (And crying out for Atmos.) Mesmerizing videos.

I see from a quick QQ search that you (and @elmer) have been preaching the Cornelius gospel for a while already, @popshop, but for some reason it was only this post that finally prompted me to seek out the good book. I'm an instant convert!

JNL

Hello everyone! Can we please have a poll section for the Perry Farrell box called The Glitz; The Glamour? The Atmos mix on the bluray surely deserves our attention in my opinion :D(y) Especially since this is a recent album mixed and released in Atmos. Nice combination of guitars and electronic sounds to be found here, too. I'd like to see much more new Atmos music in this genre.

beerking

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Hello everyone! Can we please have a poll section for the Perry Farrell box called The Glitz; The Glamour? The Atmos mix on the bluray surely deserves our attention in my opinion :D(y) Especially since this is a recent album mixed and released in Atmos. Nice combination of guitars and electronic sounds to be found here, too. I'd like to see much more new Atmos music in this genre.

Seconded!!!(y)

Reactions: JNL

HomerJAU

Moderator: MCH Media Players
Staff member
April Poll Updates are now live. Along with updates to all PDFs and Multchannel Engineers chart and PDFs.

As usual, you may need to refresh the Poll chart pages in your browser to see the updates.

kfbkfb

800 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
Suggestion:

Include Poll(s) for compositions for Surround Sound contests (re: my post "QS - New.." in Matrix section)

These compositions aren't associated with record labels or streaming/download services, usually personal web pages.

Kirk Bayne

beerking

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
June Poll Updates are now live. Along with updates to all PDFs and Multchannel Engineers chart and PDFs.

As usual, you may need to refresh the Poll chart pages in your browser to see the updates.

(Dark Side of the Moon slipped to 3 in HiRes)
I bet it's not next month!!
There are dark forces, this side of the moon.... :D

HomerJAU

Staff member
I bet it's not next month!!
Wrong! Kraftwerk holds onto No. 1 with 5 Atmos titles in top 11

I've just updated all QQ Polls and Surround Engineer's lists for July 2021 and sent to our QQ Web Site admin for uploading. They should show up in next 24 hrs. Edit: Now live (You may need to refresh your browser to see changes).

Here's a little look under the hood at the Hires database (There's a new No. 1 just one vote from hitting to top):
HiResPollJuly21.PNG

Last edited:

Overfloater8

QQ Supporter
I would nominate Bonnie "Prince" Billy (aka Will Oldham) - The Letting Go. This album is 24/96 and a discrete 5.1 DVD-A which is still readily available for under $20. QQ members have really overlooked this release. The album is excellent with a tasteful 5.1 mix with some nice flourishes coming out of the rear speakers. The music is in the vein of Tonights the Night era Neil Young or Iron and Wine. My review:

Music: 9.5
Mix: 8.0

Allmusic gave it 4.5 stars. Those QQ who have heard it have given it positive reviews:

HomerJAU

Staff member
October Polls are now live! (You may need to refresh your browser to see October pages)

HiRes Recent Releases:
No. 1: Van Der Graaf Generator - THE CHARISMA YEARS: 1970-1978 (15 votes Score 9.87)
No 46: The Beatles - LET IT BE (inc. Atmos mix) (23 votes Score 9.57)

Highest ranking HiRes releases with less than10 votes - these don't appear in the HiRes poll:
Cornelius - MELLOW WAVES VISUALS (7 votes - Score 10)
Anthony Newman - MUSIC FOR ORGAN, BRASS & TIMPANI (6 votes Score 10)
Los Angeles Guitar Quartet - BRAZIL (5 votes - Score 9.8)