Surround Sound 1967 -2007

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EPuccio

I was one of the first to embrace the 4 channel format. Dynaco & Heathkit decoders then Quad reel to reels, 8 tracks,SQ,QS, CD-4 etc. I have transfered to a Alesis HD-24 HD recorder.I play these awesome quad recordings every day! DO YOU! CJ &b Fish, Captain & Me, Moody Blues,ETC. I record my own recordings all in Quad!I love QUAD

Welcome EPuccio to the Board. Yes, we listen to Quadraphonic music everyday and you'll find that there are also new ways to decode your SQ and QS recordings discretely, like what was never achievable in the 1970's using Adobe Audition software. There is much information archived in the threads as well as top notch experts in the field of sound recording and vintage equipment. So if you love Quadraphonic music this is THE place to be.

Last edited:
Record your own Quad recordings Alesis HD 24 HD recorder a cheap Behringer mixer and 4 Rolls RMS1 8 channel mixers Drums, Bass Guitars Banjos Mandolins

AKAI Demo tape circa 1972 Right channel front Left channel front Left channel Rear Right Channel Rear AWESOME

I create music with ACID loops, guitars, keyboards and vocal mics. Typically these projects are 2.0 for work but many go on to 5.1 mixing stages.

You and I share at least a bit of history in that my first Quad set up included a Heathkit AR2020 unit and 4 heathkit speakers.

MTGC (Michael)

Back