Surround sound in a 1963 Chevy Corvair Van

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dylan Berichon

701 Club - QQ All-Star
Hey guys! Been a while since I posted here! Good to see so many familiar names still around and a lot of new ones too!

I wanted to share with you my latest adventures in automotive surround sound!

I just shot a video featuring my 1963 Corvair Greenbriar van.

You can check it out here:

First, I misspoke at the start of the video. I'm running two 4 channel amps for a total of 8 channels.

Also, I apologize for the audio distortion; my poor mobile's mics can't handle those sound levels it seems! It sounds crystal clear in person!

Anyway, thanks for checking it out!

(Picture of the Van this past summer at the Gorge Amphitheater)

1643683540954.png

Last edited:
I'm glad to see that you've got your priorities straight: Installing surround sound before tackling that exterior rust!

Honestly, I haven't decided if I want to keep the paint as it is or get it resprayed. I kinda like the way it looks as is! But I wouldn't mind cleaning it up too!

The rust is all on the surface; the underside of the van doesn't have a spec of rust on it.

Wow, an amazing project! I had no idea there was a Corvair van built back then. A friend of mine in the late sixties had a Corvair sedan that burned so much oil he had to keep a few quarts in the car at all times :)

Your install sounds good even on the video; bet it sounds great in person. Fun to watch!

The newest station wagon we had was a '64 Chevy, before my dad started buying Cadillacs, and that was too early for the two way tailgate. The third seat faced the rear and I used to try to read while we were on the way to the Twin Cities, in that seat, and I would get nauseous.

Doug

Back