DVD/DTS Poll Switchfoot - Nothing Is Sound [DD DualDisc]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the Audio-DVD of Switchfoot - NOTHING IS SOUND

• 10 Great mix, Great Sonics, Great Content

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1 Bad Mix, Bad Sonics, Bad Content

• Total voters
Considering it's Dolby Digital 5.1, the sound quality isn't bad at all and the mix is outstanding. Highly recommended. A great rock album.

I should re-phrase. I don't think that they are a "Christian band" in the typical sense. Their lyrics don't deal with Christian subjects, and you don't hear any references to Christ or what not. They were influenced by some Christian bands and they may have started out playing on the Christian scene (not sure), but they're certainly no DC Talk.

That's fine, I just don't want to be preached at when I'm looking for music. After my Talking Heads binge subsides I'll dl a few samples for a listen.

daved64 said:
Did our own Thom C do the mix?
Nope,though I did try to get this one....
I heard those HACKS Bob Clearmountain and Chris Lord-Alge did it. :rolleyes:
(It's a joke,...Really!)
Glad to hear that it came out good though.
I believe Bob and Chris did the original stereo mixes.
So it all makes sense that they did the 5.1's.

I gave this one an 8 - knocked down one point only due to no DVD-A track..

This was another of those ones where you gamble not knowing really what the music is like..

Turns out to be a pleasant surprise - mix is very good - SQ is fine..

Musically they sound like 3 Doors Down - simple rock songs with decent vocals..

Getting regular plays..

The first disc from them had a mediocre to bad mix so I didn't end up getting this.. it is a good disc overall maybe I will check out the dualdisc, but I do already have the regular CD. To clarify they are a christian band but since their last disc when they crossed over to rock mainstream they have toned down the preaching a lot. Their older stuff is much more christian and you can still hear the spiritual messages in their current stuff it is just more subdued which I agree is much better than being preached at.

An 8! Very surprised by the music AND the sound. Funny to see two different people do the mixing. Bob Clearmountain and Chris Lord-Alge split the duties, about half the songs each. Neither is shy about using the rears or having some motion. Mr Didia, 5.1 class is now in progess......your attendance is mandatory!:)

I really like the music too. Almost like Foo Fighters without the screaming. Melodic, catchy, heavy. Well done!

Okay, the ClearMountain mixes are very good, a 9. The Algae ones are a 7. Too much compression. I guess it is the difference between clean air at a high altitude and green smelly growth in a pond. So an 8 in total. ClearMountain throughout would have culled a 9. I hate compression.

I picked this up today and I also have "The Beautiful Letdown" DualDisc. This one is slightly better, but I like both. Dobly Digital 5.1 sounds really good when done right in my opinion, but apparently even Dolby Digital 5.1 won't be seen on many more DualDiscs. I would call this group a Christian rock group but the two albums I have are rock first, Christian acceptable lyrics and themes second.

Chris

really surprised by this! I liked it a lot more than I thought I would!

the Clearmountain 5.1 mixes are excellent, most of the Alge ones are a bit "meh" (just like the Snow Patrol SACD & Donnas DVDA he mixed!) though a couple of the Alge ones aren't too bad. the album itself is great and the mix serviceable mostly but has one or two highlights in places.

it's a "7" from me.

I got this based upon a post I made and suggestions people gave. It was cheap and sounds prerty good. This band sounds like so many other bands to me. Nothing jumped out for me yet which means there wasn't what I thought was a great song, but none of them were terrible. For as cheap as this can be bought, definitely one you should add to your collection.

Back