Quad LP/Tape Poll Synergy - Electronic Realization For Rock Orchestra

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the QS LP/Q8 of Synergy - Electronic Realization for Rock Orchestra

• 10 - Great Surround, Great Fidelity, Great Content

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • 9 -

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 8 -

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7 -

• 6 -

• 5 -

• 4 -

• 3 -

• 2 -

• 1 - Poor Surround, Poor Fidelity, Poor Content

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your thoughts and comments on this classic quadraphonic release from Synergy (Larry Fast) - Electronic Realization for Rock Orchestra, available from Passport Records on a QS Encoded LP and a Quadraphonic 8 track.

Synergy Q8.jpg

(Q8 image lifted from discogs)

When decoded correctly this album real does shine, for an 'all synth" album, where the sounds can start to blur into each other. Playing wise it's something of a tour-de-force, it must have been quite project to complete.

Both sound wise, and musically, this is totally the opposite style when compared to the likes of J.Michel-Jarre, it has a harder edge to it which tends to suggest a sense of urgency to it all.

This album stands alone as being the only quad album of it's type, if you like 1970's synths make sure you give this a 4 channel spin.

10/10

Wow - that is just a classic image on so many levels. Do you own this, Jon?

Wow. Sorry Jim. I somehow missed your question. I was certainly not ignoring you! I think that's my Q8. I look for it to see if I still have it somewhere in the pile. It's a great tape, and QL is right about Slaughter. Allegedly we were supposed to get a high rez digital version of this from Larry Fast at some point

Always shocked that Larry Fast didn't encode all his other Synergy releases. He always seemed to be interested in multichannel, from what I read. After all, the only version of "Electronic Realizations" that you could buy was QS encoded. I also like Sequencer and Cords!
Larry is an awesome guy, a real class act...
Cords , both the original mix and the remix done in the 2000s, is AMAZING through DPLII !!! I SWEAR he did it as "Stealth Quad" although he denies it....

A quick reply about my quad encoding from back in the day. The decisions about quad releases were ultimately deals made between the labels and the marketing divisions of the hifi manufacturers. In my case it was a cooperative agreement between the label’s parent company and Sansui cross promoting their QS standard and its hardware while supporting some quad releases from the label.

Those of us on the creative side got the opportunity to produce quad mixes. For me, though, that ended after one album when the deal between the label and Sansui expired. No deal, no budget money to mix or release in quad. It was the end of the quad boom and neither corporation saw much of a future return on paying for more quad releases. So, back to stereo-only. That's the economic reality of the record business.

However, my story isn’t over yet. There are multichannel chapters still to be written. (Taking a little longer to execute than expected).

A quick reply about my quad encoding from back in the day. The decisions about quad releases were ultimately deals made between the labels and the marketing divisions of the hifi manufacturers. In my case it was a cooperative agreement between the label’s parent company and Sansui cross promoting their QS standard and its hardware while supporting some quad releases from the label.

Those of us on the creative side got the opportunity to produce quad mixes. For me, though, that ended after one album when the deal between the label and Sansui expired. No deal, no budget money to mix or release in quad. It was the end of the quad boom and neither corporation saw much of a future return on paying for more quad releases. So, back to stereo-only. That's the economic reality of the record business.

However, my story isn’t over yet. There are multichannel chapters still to be written. (Taking a little longer to execute than expected).
What an honor and a pleasure to read your words here on this forum! I only recently discovered this release after i set up a Surround Master and played the QS LP through it. The music and the mix are absolutely revelatory. Just a quick post to let you know that i have no doubt the wait for future "multichannel chapters" will be well worth it! Until then, i'm voting a 10 for Electronic Realization for Rock Orchestra. In fact, i enjoyed it SO much, ima play it again right NOW! Thanks again so very much for the update and for ALL you do! Stay Surrounded, Comrade!

I voted 10.

Only version I have listened to is a decode by OD of the 24/96 on HDTracks where the QS encoding is intact. Fantastic music, fantastic quad mix, great decode by OD. The only way it could get any better would be a modern discrete release.

Back