Larry Fast Synergy "Electronic Realizations for Rock Orchestra" ...rumblings from Mr. Fast

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried neural, PLII, and even DTS, and had the best (at least the most discrete) results with neural. I got some separation with PLII, and maybe it is closer to the true quad mix (haven't heard it before so don't have a reference point). But whatever the case, it definitely whet my appetite for a discrete version. Has anyone heard the quad8 version? Does the QS matrix come pretty close when decoded properly?

It decodes nicely in QS. I have a couple of conversions of this.

I need to track down a CD so I can put it through my Surround Master.

Yes, the Synergy disc through the Surround Master's QS circuits could be very nice !

It will be useful to do an apples vs. apples comparison of the QS/II software decode vs. the Surround Master.... :flame

We need to keep Mr. Fast in the loop about how important it is that discreet 4-channel masters be used and the playback formats most welcomed are BluRay, SACD and DVD for modern players. QS or SQ decodes are an insult at this late era of physical media with the HD and surround technology we now have in our homes.

Back