• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Synergy - Sequencer

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Cai Campbell

In Remembrance
Since 2002/2003
As many of you already know, Synergy's "Electronic Realizations for Rock Opera" is a wonderful QS recording. The CD maintains the integrity of the original LP and decodes wonderfully with a QS decoder.

It is an absolute myth that the follow-up LP, "Sequencer", is also QS encoded. Check out Larry Fast's (Synergy's) own website to confirm:

www.eclipse.net/~synergy/sequencer.html

Specifically, consider the following excerpt from that page:

"The Quad phenomenon had died down a lot since "Electronic Realizations" and due to the compromises in sound quality and dynamic range I decided to opt for a conventional stereo mix. Mastering to disk was performed by George Marino at Sterling Sound in New York."

Just to be absolutely sure, I e-mailed Larry Fast himself and asked him about it. Lo-and-behold, he actually replied and was very helpful. Without a doubt, "Electronic Realizations" is the one an only quadraphonic release from Synergy.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Since 2002/2003
I seem to recall having that "Sequencer" album on clear vinyl and it having a surround sound statement of some sort on the back of the jacket.

But then again, I may be wrong..........

:-jon

AllAroundSurround

800 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
I always liked SYNERGY but never got a listen to it in QUAD... On another note... I like the color scheme on your stars .. Very SHARP!
Rob0]
GEEEZZZ! I just noticed..... This is my 500th POST!
And it seems like only yesterday when I.... Man I need to get off....

Quadzilla

Exiled QQ Veteran
Since 2002/2003
I have a spare copy of Synergy ERFRO if you are interested in a trade. I think it might even be a promo, but I would have to look. Mike.

Group builder