Larry Fast Synergy Surround Remix Possibilities

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just listening to my Penteo 5.1 upmix of Electronic Realizations for Rock Orchestra as I read these posts. It's not bad really (the upmix), but I would like to have this discrete quad mix.
Preferred in this order: As paid download (flac 96/24 4.0), Blu-Ray Audio, DVD-A or SACD. If a 5.1 remix is available, this is great as well. There is a lot of low end on the CD, so .1 makes more fun.
Best regards, Mike

Just listening to my Penteo 5.1 upmix of Electronic Realizations for Rock Orchestra as I read these posts. It's not bad really (the upmix), but I would like to have this discrete quad mix.
Preferred in this order: As paid download (flac 96/24 4.0), Blu-Ray Audio, DVD-A or SACD. If a 5.1 remix is available, this is great as well. There is a lot of low end on the CD, so .1 makes more fun.
Best regards, Mike
First post looks like Mike -welcome to The QQ and glad to see another Penteo user here. :hi
I typically do various up-mixes with either Penteo or the Involve Surround Master v2 and really enjoy the work; and the overall learning about sound and music associated with it.

First post looks like Mike -welcome to The QQ and glad to see another Penteo user here. :hi
I typically do various up-mixes with either Penteo or the Involve Surround Master v2 and really enjoy the work; and the overall learning about sound and music associated with it.
Thank you. Yes, I'm using Nuendo on my DAW and did a lot of Upmixes. Sequencer & Chords will be the next albums. I read that Steven Wilson uses this if no multitrack material is available. So do I. And he's right - sometimes Penteo is magic.
I have to explore QQ more in detail, perhaps there are Penteo related topics.

But if Larry Fast will release his albums in 4.0 or 5.1 I will listen to it for sure.

Best regards, Mike
Can you decode the QS Quad matrix anyhow? If you can this CD is QS encoded. Synergy Surround Remix Possibilities | Page 3 | QuadraphonicQuad

Probably I could. Have to take a look at the cover of my CD if it is SQ encoded.
But: There's no VST plugin for my DAW so far. If someone has an idea how to decode, please let me know.

DAW Digital audio workstation - Wikipedia
VST Virtual Studio Technology - Wikipedia

You could try Dolby Pro if you have an A/V Receiver .
BTW Just so you know the difference ;

-" QS " matrix , is Sansui's quad ( Passport, ABC/Impulse/Command/Dunhill , PYE , VOX , and a few others)
and
-"SQ" matrix , is CBS 's quad (Columbia /EPIC Records , Vanguard , CTI/KUDU , EMI , Sony , and a few others )

I've read back through this thread to glean information about the availability of a mutli-channel physical product. I looked at Larry Fast's web site as well - did a multi-channel physical disc product ever get released? (that's not an encoded SQ disc)? From what I read, it appears not. Does anyone have an update?

Back