HiRez Poll T. Rex - ELECTRIC WARRIOR [SACD/DVD-A]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A of T. Rex - ELECTRIC WARRIOR

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your comments, thoughts and observations.......(y) (n)

Something about this one just kinda bugs me. It feels like a stereo mix with some kind of surround preset on a cheap receiver. I've only played it once cuz it didn't grab me. Maybe I need to revisit it. 6

Didn't like the music too much, and the surround mix wasn't very good as i remember. Sold it right after i bought it. A 4.

I love this album but agree that the surround release falls short of its potential. Still, it is definitely above average and a worthy addition to any surround-sound collection. I gave it a 7.

P.S. Jon, the title is ELECTRIC WARRIOR. ;)

I might be in the minority, but I dig this title---both music and mix!! (y)

A '7'....I dig the music, but I think there were certain limitations inherent to the multi-tracks that made this one tough to mix, perhaps...still, an unexpected release and are real treat, for what it is....

ED :)

This is an *excellent* surround release. If you guys read the producer's note (it's in the DVD-A booklet, don't know about the SACD) Visconti explicity aimed to retain the 'sound' of the original mix, with surround as sweetening -- no gimmicky stuff here. Good for him. I rate this as one of the best discs out there.

I dont think i have seen a disc with as even a spread of results accross the score board, from love to hate.

I have to say I am in the dissappointed category for this one. maybe ill give it a spin again some time see if its improved on my recollections of it.

Just ordered this one, Should be arriving any day now. I'm going to give it a few listens before I vote. I've jumped the gun by voting after one listen.

Not a T-Rex fan yet I really like the disc. Mix, sound quality, etc. Was surprised how much I liked it. In fact, I will spin it again later tonite.

Tony Visconti did an awsome job on the surround mix. I've always liked this record, and I mean every song on it. Check out the video clip, Elton John on piano, Go-Go Girls, fun stuff.

This title is available (or was available) on both HiRez formats. I understand the SACD came out a few months before the DVD-A was released.

I corrected the poll title to indicate both formats, as I was told the mix was the same on both issues.

I dont think i have seen a disc with as even a spread of results accross the score board, from love to hate.

I have to say I am in the dissappointed category for this one. maybe ill give it a spin again some time see if its improved on my recollections of it.

I have the Surround Sound SACD of the album here. The Surround Sound is good on some tracks, but not on others. I think a score in the middle is probably most representative of the release.

This is an *excellent* surround release. If you guys read the producer's note (it's in the DVD-A booklet, don't know about the SACD) Visconti explicity aimed to retain the 'sound' of the original mix, with surround as sweetening -- no gimmicky stuff here. Good for him. I rate this as one of the best discs out there.

The producer's comments are in the SACD booklet as well as a note about Universal Music International (U.K.) supervising the mix.

I wonder if that made it to the DVD-A edition.

Back