Tagging frustration...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a nuisance, but you can get smooth DSF playback if you rip to whole-disc files with cue sheets instead of individual track files. You can still use the cue sheets to jump to individual songs. Well, most of the time. My experience with Oppo is that they make/made great disc spinners, but some of the streaming functions can be buggy.

Yes, that's what I did with SACD albums requiring gapless playback such as the Moody Blues. I ripped them as one DFF with a cue sheet. I haven't had any issues jumping to individual songs using the cue sheets.

right click on the bar and you can select the tags to view.
View attachment 37037

This screen shot is very similar to JRiver. I had to re tag, very simple, many albums are called So and So, Greatest Hits. So I ended up with a big pile. I re tagged the album, Artist/Greatest Hits, and that solved that.
Some albums, Take Stephen Stills 4 disc set, lists as “multiple artists” because it is. Some discs might have had multiple artists on one or two tracks so I just renamed with the main artist. Some like the Stills box I like seeing all the different artists.

My experience with Oppo is that they make/made great disc spinners, but some of the streaming functions can be buggy.

This may not be the right thread for my problem so if the mods think it needs to be moved feel free.
My big problem is when I'm using the OPPO NETWORK selection, but to be fair I think the Windows 1803 update is causing my problem.
Up until a few months ago, when I selected NETWORK I would see a media player icon and my computer name icon as it shows in the OPPO 103 manual. I would choose the computer name icon to get to my music folder because the Media Player icon lists songs within a folder alphabetically (I believe it uses the metadata track name) whereas using the computer name icon the songs are listed correctly by file number and name.
So, if I want to listen to Sgt. Pepper, the MP has "A Day In The Life" as the first song followed by"Being For The Benefit...". Using the computer Icon the listing would show correctly.
Since the OPPO is showing the MP it is seeing my computer to a point. My computer is hooked directly using an ethernet wire. My wife's computer which uses the wi-fi (same as the OPPO does) can see both my MP and computer. I've done all the recommended tweaks that I could find such as making sure network discovery is on, making sure that certain services were running, and sharing everything I could possibly share.
Has anyone had this problem since the 1803 Windows update and been able to fix it? :mad:

This may not be the right thread for my problem so if the mods think it needs to be moved feel free.
My big problem is when I'm using the OPPO NETWORK selection, but to be fair I think the Windows 1803 update is causing my problem.
Up until a few months ago, when I selected NETWORK I would see a media player icon and my computer name icon as it shows in the OPPO 103 manual. I would choose the computer name icon to get to my music folder because the Media Player icon lists songs within a folder alphabetically (I believe it uses the metadata track name) whereas using the computer name icon the songs are listed correctly by file number and name.
So, if I want to listen to Sgt. Pepper, the MP has "A Day In The Life" as the first song followed by"Being For The Benefit...". Using the computer Icon the listing would show correctly.
Since the OPPO is showing the MP it is seeing my computer to a point. My computer is hooked directly using an ethernet wire. My wife's computer which uses the wi-fi (same as the OPPO does) can see both my MP and computer. I've done all the recommended tweaks that I could find such as making sure network discovery is on, making sure that certain services were running, and sharing everything I could possibly share.
Has anyone had this problem since the 1803 Windows update and been able to fix it? :mad:
I had that problem two windows updates ago and have never been able to fix it. My network shares where all in the same place with the drop down box, loved it, then did update, and my network shares are all there but none will populate with the lower left drop down. I watched a you tube video on how to correct and it helped, now I just am used to it and do what I need to do but a tiny bit more hassle than before the update.

This screen shot is very similar to JRiver. I had to re tag, very simple, many albums are called So and So, Greatest Hits. So I ended up with a big pile. I re tagged the album, Artist/Greatest Hits, and that solved that.
Some albums, Take Stephen Stills 4 disc set, lists as “multiple artists” because it is. Some discs might have had multiple artists on one or two tracks so I just renamed with the main artist. Some like the Stills box I like seeing all the different artists.

In that case I tag the Artist and Album Artist as Stephen Stills and then comments for the tracks would include the additional artists.

Ayreon takes me the longest to tag because of all the guest singers and musicians (i.e. on Aquatic Race it has James LaBrie, Tobias Sammet, Tommy Karevik, Michael Eriksen, Russell Allen, Simone Simons, Tommy Rogers, Floor Jansen, Hansi Kürsch)

You don't want to see the OCD nature in which I tag Audio Books from Big Finish.

In that case I tag the Artist and Album Artist as Stephen Stills and then comments for the tracks would include the additional artists.

Ayreon takes me the longest to tag because of all the guest singers and musicians (i.e. on Aquatic Race it has James LaBrie, Tobias Sammet, Tommy Karevik, Michael Eriksen, Russell Allen, Simone Simons, Tommy Rogers, Floor Jansen, Hansi Kürsch)

You don't want to see the OCD nature in which I tag Audio Books from Big Finish.

Your making me tired, too big of a hobby some times.

Back