Taking on Emerson Lake and Powell's "The Score" on drums and having a bit of fun!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kap'n krunch

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
You see? this is what happens when I is bored!!!
Although I consider myself a bass player, I have had to put it aside because of my three back surgeries-I may have to get a lightweight Spector 5 string in the near future cause my Warmoth Gecko Wide 5 is way too heavy (but such a BEAUTY to play too)...
I had a Yamaha electronic kit in Madrid which I left behind and I finally got myself a new kit in the USA, at first it was an Alesis Strike Pro but the module kept freezing up on me, I even had the Alesis people replace it twice but it kept misbehaving so I finally pleaded to the Sweetwater folks to let me have a Roland VAD-306, which was the same price range and they were kind enough to swap it for me!..that was when Chuck Surack was still at the helm, now they are way less flexible...so, I have been strengthening my core by sitting very stright at the drums and pounding away... I shared a Led Zeppelin drum cover I did a year ago or so...than I decided that , WTF, might as well go "de perdidos al río" (go ALL THE WAY) and figure out some REALLY heavy shit... and here I am!
Please excuse the bum notes/beats but I think it's NOT that bad for a "non-drummer", LOL...
This IS a lot of fun and I swear I can feel Cozy's presence sometimes when I am in my Zen place playing this...
The ZEN thing is so special, musicians, dancers and actors know this.. you have to not think but by thinking of not thinking about it and living the moment and try to remember your material by letting it be is what it's all about! you know what I mean...
BTW, this album is on my "to do" list to upmix, unless somebody beats me to it...I have a wonderful 96/24 rip from a sealed LP I got in Madrid, just in case..wink wink!

Nice! I have the Roland TD-20, but since a move last year and not the same space, it’s been in the closet. I have a smaller Yamaha electronic set sitting out, but time behind it is few and far between, not that I ever got really good on the drums to begin with despite lessons.

Always wanted lots of instruments in the house for the kids to explore. Turns out my son got really good on a lot of the instruments, and I ended up being mediocre on them all. Still nice to have so many instruments around the house.

A fine choice to go with a Cozy Powell song. One of my favorite drummers.

Nice! I have the Roland TD-20, but since a move last year and not the same space, it’s been in the closet. I have a smaller Yamaha electronic set sitting out, but time behind it is few and far between, not that I ever got really good on the drums to begin with despite lessons.

Always wanted lots of instruments in the house for the kids to explore. Turns out my son got really good on a lot of the instruments, and I ended up being mediocre on them all. Still nice to have so many instruments around the house.

A fine choice to go with a Cozy Powell song. One of my favorite drummers.
Dang, a TD-20 is da t*ts!
yeah, I know what you mean when your kids in your family turnout to be gifted! I sold my Yamaha to an "adopted" daughter of mine who is a genius!!!! LOL!!
Cheers!

Back