HiRez Poll Tangerine Dream - IN SEARCH OF HADES: THE VIRGIN RECORDINGS 1973-1979 [Blu-Ray Audio]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of Tangerine Dream - IN SEARCH OF HADES: THE VIRGIN RECORDINGS 1973-1979

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Terrible Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters
Mine turned up yesterday evening, unfortunately I missed the silly price drop as it was the middle of the night in the UK :( but did get it for Ā£106. The box inside the Amazon box had been shipped via DHL from France, I hope you all get one!

I've only listened to Ricochet in surround sound plus watched the documentary that follows it on the disc but I feel what I've seen and heard so far is enough to land a strong 9 in the polls. The album is great, the mix is practically perfect, and the dynamic range is fantastic with plenty of headroom to find your own particular boogie volume.

However, I don't appreciate having to buy a box set containing a whole load of extras that I'll almost certainly listen to just once, if at all, in order to hear Ricochet in surround sound. But what I will say is that, if Ricochet had been released by itself, whether as an SACD, a stand-alone on blu-ray or even as 2-disc CD+DVD-A, I'd have voted 10, 10, 10 all day long.

As long as you can find this release at a price you're quite happily prepared to pay, then hearing Ricochet in surround will almost certainly be enough to make you feel glad you pulled the trigger to hear the (tangerine) dream :)

oh dearie me.. i so need to start enjoying this set.. but i got a bad case of "boxset buyers remorse" as soon as it arrived and the reality hit of another big box i really only "want want want" the surround in above all other contents, so i just haven't been able to face even opening it yet (yes its nuts/i'm nuts.. its something we have all gone through to some degree over one or some or all of these boxes, multiple times for some, i guess.. but i will force myself to rip the shrinkwrap on this one before i call a shrink!) somebody tease me with how good the 5.1 is! i need mo' motivation! šŸ¤£

oh dearie me.. i so need to start enjoying this set.. but i got a bad case of "boxset buyers remorse" as soon as it arrived and the reality hit of another big box i really only "want want want" the surround in above all other contents, so i just haven't been able to face even opening it yet (yes its nuts/i'm nuts.. its something we have all gone through to some degree over one or some or all of these boxes, multiple times for some, i guess.. but i will force myself to rip the shrinkwrap on this one before i call a shrink!) somebody tease me with how good the 5.1 is! i need mo' motivation! šŸ¤£
Don't feel badly, I haven't opened mine yet. Part that is "vacation over" blues (which are really bad at the end of the summer for a teacher :( ).

Totally understand
Bought my copy (itā€™s on the way) not being sure if I should order it.
I have at least a dozen multidisc sets sitting here unopened.
I now question if Iā€™ll ever listen to them all.
And if I do itā€™ll probably be once only.
But I treasure owning then nonetheless
:unsure:

Some of us came late to the game: and paid dearly. Even if we don't open them, we may can sell them later for a profit.

Never thought of myself as a capitalist, but there ya go.

Staying on topic: this box set sold out in the first printing! Best to jump on it early than not get a second (although it did, amazingly).

Back