HiRez Poll Tangerine Dream - IN SEARCH OF HADES: THE VIRGIN RECORDINGS 1973-1979 [Blu-Ray Audio]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of Tangerine Dream - IN SEARCH OF HADES: THE VIRGIN RECORDINGS 1973-1979

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Terrible Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters
Arent we really just Ferengi on this forum in acquisition mode?
3rd rule of acquisition: never turn down an opportunity to obtain another item for the collection......

1st rule of everything: never ever bloody anything ever.

👍 😝

more seriously, to my eternal shame, this Tangerine Dream box aside, i still have a few 5.1 boxsets to open up, including Chris Squire's "Fish Out Of Water", Rush's "Farewell To Kings" (SW mix) and Be-Bop Deluxe's "Fututrama".. and about a 8-10 Quad LPs, approx 30 Q8's (Lord knows when they'll get played if ever) and 20+ other surround things on various format digital/optical discs. totally slacking. 😬

1st rule of everything: never ever bloody anything ever.

👍 😝

more seriously, to my eternal shame, this Tangerine Dream box aside, i still have a few 5.1 boxsets to open up, including Chris Squire's "Fish Out Of Water", Rush's "Farewell To Kings" (SW mix) and Be-Bop Deluxe's "Fututrama".. and about a 8-10 Quad LPs, approx 30 Q8's (Lord knows when they'll get played if ever) and 20+ other surround things on various format digital/optical discs. totally slacking. 😬
I'm in the same predicament a large pile of surround discs and plain old CDs to listen to! But I have listened to Phaedra a few times, it is great.

I'm in the same predicament a large pile of surround discs and plain old CDs to listen to! But I have listened to Phaedra a few times, it is great.

Same here too I'm afraid, got a few 5.1's stacking up, really need to clear the backlog over the next few weeks as October is shaping up to be a particularly busy surround month with Abbey Road, Storm Watch, Dukes and Bruce Soord's second solo album already pre-ordered for me. No complaints though, I hope 2020 is as productive! :D

So, I've finally cracked open 'In Search Of Hades', what a great set and a lovely book, I've never seen pages so thick before!

I have a question, apologies if I've missed the answer elsewhere... The Phaedra CD has tracks 1 and 4 additionally as new SW stereo remixes, would I be right to assume that they only had the multi-tracks for these and that tracks two and three on the 5.1 version have had the Penteo treatment? I can't see anything about it in the book or on the packaging, just curious...

So, I've finally cracked open 'In Search Of Hades', what a great set and a lovely book, I've never seen pages so thick before!

I have a question, apologies if I've missed the answer elsewhere... The Phaedra CD has tracks 1 and 4 additionally as new SW stereo remixes, would I be right to assume that they only had the multi-tracks for these and that tracks two and three on the 5.1 version have had the Penteo treatment? I can't see anything about it in the book or on the packaging, just curious...
I believe there is some info on that here:
https://www.superdeluxeedition.com/...rch-of-hades-the-virgin-recordings-1973-1979/

Well, well, well...what do you know? I ordered this set at a sale price early this fall, but it was out of stock and never showed up. While I was waiting the special super low Amazon(?) price came and went and I couldn't bite since I had already ordered, but as time passed and it remained out of stock I thought I would never get it. But today I suddenly got a shipping notification, so I will be starting the new year very nicely! I am not the world's biggest Tangerine Dream fan, but I have all the Ohr era albums including Green Desert, as well as a vinyl copy of Phaedra. It will be interesting to go through this massive set, so expect a report in a while.

Well, well, well...what do you know? I ordered this set at a sale price early this fall, but it was out of stock and never showed up. While I was waiting the special super low Amazon(?) price came and went and I couldn't bite since I had already ordered, but as time passed and it remained out of stock I thought I would never get it. But today I suddenly got a shipping notification, so I will be starting the new year very nicely! I am not the world's biggest Tangerine Dream fan, but I have all the Ohr era albums including Green Desert, as well as a vinyl copy of Phaedra. It will be interesting to go through this massive set, so expect a report in a while.
I still haven't opened mine! :oops:

I still haven't opened mine! :oops:

517de051a9f29f847ddb4484895a60ae.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've finally started listening to the CDs in this box set and I'm surprised to say I like what I'm hearing as demos, outtakes and innumerable concert recording of the same material normally doesn't do it for me: I'm an album sort of guy. Just give me the albums I want and let me listen to them. That's how I like to roll... but In Search of Hades seems different somehow. Maybe it's the expansiveness of the tracks that allows them to shine in a way that short demo cuts simply don't. I don't know. But considering I was lucky enough to bag this box set at a no-brainer price, I reckon it might just be the best bang for buck box set I own as the appetisers are turning out to be almost as tasty as the main course itself (Ricochet in 5.1) :)

It gets an updated 10 from me :SB

I've finally started listening to the CDs in this box set and I'm surprised to say I like what I'm hearing as demos, outtakes and innumerable concert recording of the same material normally doesn't do it for me: I'm an album sort of guy. Just give me the albums I want and let me listen to them. That's how I like to roll... but In Search of Hades seems different somehow. Maybe it's the expansiveness of the tracks that allows them to shine in a way that short demo cuts simply don't. I don't know. But considering I was lucky enough to bag this box set at a no-brainer price, I reckon it might just be the best bang for buck box set I own as the appetisers are turning out to be almost as tasty as the main course itself (Ricochet in 5.1) :)

It gets an updated 10 from me :SB
Possibly helps because they had a nothing played the same twice attitude so in many ways it's all new and yes I have enjoyed this much more than I thought I would, I only knew a few of the albums and this set is definitely a keeper.
The shame is not more was available I surround

I’ve been a fan since Zeit and have been waiting for this since it was first talked about. I’ve only listened to Phaedra so far and WOW. Thank God this surround mix was not available in 1974 because I would have fried my brain with substances back then.
I was just telling a friend, do not take serious drugs while listening to this, unless you are a serious drug user. :)

I know I'm a year late on this but I just want to say: This is what they made surround for. This is why we may have taken drugs in the 70s. I know that Steven Wilson must have had a smile on his face as he was mixing this, because I sure do listening to it.

Back