HiRez Poll Tangerine Dream - IN SEARCH OF HADES: THE VIRGIN RECORDINGS 1973-1979 [Blu-Ray Audio]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of Tangerine Dream - IN SEARCH OF HADES: THE VIRGIN RECORDINGS 1973-1979

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Terrible Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Please post your thoughts and comments on this 2019 box set from Tangerine Dream entitled "In Search of Hades: The Virgin Recordings 1973-1979".
This box set contains two Blu-ray Discs. The first Blu-Ray contains the 1974 album "Phaedra" and the unreleased album "Oedipus Tyrannus", also recorded in 1974.
The second Blu-Ray contains the 1975 album "Ricochet" and some visual content from 1976.

All audio content on the two Blu-Rays has been mixed in 5.1 surround by Steven Wilson.

61wfHplMQoL._SL1200_.jpg

Check out Pacific Codex from Bass Communion @rusinurbe It was done in 5.1 rare set <iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Just how much of that organic growth have you had today Green? And how does this relate to a TD Poll?

He said he wished more Bass Communion was mixed by Steve Wilson, so I posted this DVDA of a limited release he did of Bass Communion. Read rusinurbe's post that I responded to and you will find my response was proper.

Proper???:ROFLMAO: I was just teasin' - It's been getting a little too serious around here lately!

Check out Pacific Codex from Bass Communion @rusinurbe It was done in 5.1 rare set <iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I do have that, Loss and the download track Temporal would be great if Ghosts on magnetic tape and Cenotaph were mixed in surround

Can someone share the thinking behind making these few 5.1 releases available only as part of a pricey box?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lovely, immersive surround mixes and well thought out content. More Tangerine Dream than I could ever want but great value when compared to similar size efforts. Loads of CDs, no superfluous vinyl, great remastering and the surround music content on Blu-rays - overall a great package. Kind of puts the new, over-priced Steve Miller set into perspective especially as I wasn't too enamoured with the sound on the latest set of his greatest hits. :LB:LB:LB

Still too early to vote for me, I've only listened to the remastered versions of Phaedra, Rubycon, Stratosfear, Cyclone, and have heard bits of the 5.1 mixes. My first impressions are:
- I'm very happy with the remasters, from what I've heard so far
- I have the feeling that Ricochet 5.1 will be the real stand out of this box set

Will listen more, especially to the surround mixes, and only then cast my vote. I guess it's going to be a very high one...:LB

Immediately dove head long for the Oedipus Tyrannus portion of the 1st bluray. Chills. The wait is over, the enjoyment will now last the rest of my days. Deep, dark, light, searching, exploring, Steven Wilson has mixed it to perfection. This album now takes its rightful place between Phaedra and Rubycon, with the band taking leaps of faith into their latest equipment and following their collective muses, not just as heard here on these long awaited sessions, but in all of the '74 shows which have always teased me to the direction this "lost album" might reveal.

As for Phaedra (the title track and Sequent C) and Ricochet, both are fresh and exciting to hear in their exceptional new S.W. surround mixes. I've been through both once, will return (often) once I can stop exploring Oedipus Tyrannus. Life is good.

This box is a treasure trove of unreleased goodness. I'm a long time fan of Tangerine Dream and this is by far one of the best box sets i have ever bought. My only (small) complaint is that more multi-tracks were not found. Nevertheless. Steve Wilson did a PHENOMENAL job on the 5.1 mixes. Ricochet is one of top 10 favorite albums of all time, and the surround mix is absolutely stunning! 10 all the way.

Back