• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Tapatalk - Would you miss it?

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Would you miss Tapatalk if I uninstalled it?

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Since 2002/2003
Thanks for all of your input. I really appreciate hearing from everyone about stuff like this. Seeing as how there are some people that want me to keep it, even though it appears there are only a few, I am going to leave it as is for now.

I just hope that those who use and and do not post here a lot or just lurk do not think the ads are generated by the forum itself. If I find out that there are other reasons to remove it, especially with regard to forum security, I will consider dumping it again.

So for now, it stays.

boxhead

Since 2002/2003
Well due to my particular circumstances I do use Tapatalk as primary access to QQ, and I use the free version. Jon, I seem to be able to subconsciously block out the ads on the fly, so they're not a bother. I've tried the normal site on my phone, but I prefer the view via Tapatalk. None of this is a deal-breaker, so if you decide to scrap it in the future I'm sure I'll survive!

Sent from my K5000 using Tapatalk

winopener

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Tried (non only on this forum) and dumped quickly.

Agent001

Thanks for all of your input. I really appreciate hearing from everyone about stuff like this. Seeing as how there are some people that want me to keep it, even though it appears there are only a few, I am going to leave it as is for now.

I just hope that those who use and and do not post here a lot or just lurk do not think the ads are generated by the forum itself. If I find out that there are other reasons to remove it, especially with regard to forum security, I will consider dumping it again.

So for now, it stays.
I've PM'ed you about your Tapatalk issues, and I'll even suggest that you either make a new skin, buy a new one, or get a custom skin. My suggestion is to get a skin or get a custom skin from PixelExit.
It really is annoying to me that they insert ads into our forum for their own benefit when I have worked hard to keep ads and crap like that out of this forum.
These are easily fixed via your Tapatalk account. Go in there and start looking around, see if they have what you like. Instead of just worrying about overblown comments by people on other forums. If your users love it, leave it alone, and continue to improve the experience.

Good luck, man. :)

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I've PM'ed you about your Tapatalk issues, and I'll even suggest that you either make a new skin, buy a new one, or get a custom skin. My suggestion is to get a skin or get a custom skin from PixelExit.

These are easily fixed via your Tapatalk account. Go in there and start looking around, see if they have what you like. Instead of just worrying about overblown comments by people on other forums. If your users love it, leave it alone, and continue to improve the experience.

Good luck, man. :)
Well, it sure sounds like most users here do not love it. I'm likely the only one. lol.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Since 2002/2003
I fully implemented the suggestions from Agent001 and thank him for his efforts. I really do appreciate it.
We'll see how it works now, I just upgraded to the latest version in the process.