• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Tapatalk - Would you miss it?

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Would you miss Tapatalk if I uninstalled it?

• Total voters

Agent001

I'm not ignoring the poll results!! Because of the fact that you don't HAVE to use tapatalk to view the forum, it's not something that affects everyone, and those that really want to use it have more pull with me in this case than those that don't use it.

I just wish the ads in the streams indicated that they were generated by Tapatalk, not Jonatalk.
TapatalkAdsControl1.png
TapatalkAdsControl2.png

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Since 2002/2003
FYI - I just updated the Tapatalk plug in, and checked out how to disable the ads.

Yes, it can be done by me - for $5 a month. I don't think so. For those who like using it, they can pay Tapatalk themselves to disable ads for them. I still think using the browser interface is fine for most.

But, I leave Tapatalk installed because I know there are some of you that like it.

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I hate to beat a dead horse, but how can it be that I'm the only one who gets zero adds while using Tapatalk? No, I've not paid extra for anything...just the basic app I downloaded on my phone. No special settings, no add blocker on my phone (even if there was one, I don't know about it).

All I have is a basic iPhone.......come to think of it.....I get adds on other apps that I never used to get with my previous phone.....like CNN app is riddled with advertisements. But not Tappppppppaaa.....

leevitalone1

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Maybe the members who are obsessed, but it can wait until I get home. I had it installed on my old phone but went to the new smart and just don't miss it all that much. In fact not at all, until it was mentioned. I had forgotten about it
:oops:

leevitalone1

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
i just fired it up on my iPad to see if I was hallucinating about seeing ads. Here's what I see, and then pop ups to "allow" me to pay to get rid of the ads!
I have to admit it's a slick interface, and I am sure they deserve to make money, but to me it looks like the ads are PART OF THE FORUM, and not associated with Tapatalk.

Have a look:

View attachment 34525
View attachment 34526
my thoughts: phuck them! (liberals)šŸ’©

timbre4

Super Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
I hate to beat a dead horse, but how can it be that I'm the only one who gets zero adds while using Tapatalk? No, I've not paid extra for anything...just the basic app I downloaded on my phone. No special settings, no add blocker on my phone (even if there was one, I don't know about it).

All I have is a basic iPhone.......come to think of it.....I get adds on other apps that I never used to get with my previous phone.....like CNN app is riddled with advertisements. But not Tappppppppaaa.....
This new forum platform works great right in Safari browser on iPhone. You get much more of the desktop feel; Tapatalk was always frustrating to me.

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Did the recent changes impact Tapatalk? As of today, I can't see forum via Tapatalk. :(

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Since 2002/2003
I think QQ was moved to a new server, although I am not exactly sure what they did. They haven't told me much. However, I believe when the forum was down they moved the software and quite possibly the domain to their own servers. If so, they might have to reconnect to TapaTalk.

Reactions: GOS