Tascam Blue Ray Player with Analog out

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LuvMyQuad

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I suspect those who prefer disk based playback might be interested in this. Its a current production Blueray player with 7.1 analog out connections. And the cost is only $499 retail. The Tascam BD-MP1 "Professional Grade" BR player. Check it out if you are in that market. No DVD-Audio, No SACD as far as I can tell. The test article linked below isn't exhaustive by any means, but it tests relatively well with CDs. Lots of unusual equipment on the manufacturers site. I was surprised to see new cassette deck offerings.

Tascam BD-MP1

Tascam BD-MP1 manufacturers site

Page 43 of the owner's manual says that the player will handle FLAC and WAV, which means it can handle DVD-A ripped to these formats. However, it also says that the USB protocol is USB 2.0 compliant. So I assumes that it won't handle multichannel via USB?

Page 43 of the owner's manual says that the player will handle FLAC and WAV, which means it can handle DVD-A ripped to these formats. However, it also says that the USB protocol is USB 2.0 compliant. So I assumes that it won't handle multichannel via USB?
I didn't know USB 2.0 was not compatible with multichannel playback.

EDIT: a quick google produced this which indicates USB 2.0 has enough bandwidth for MC streaming, even at high channel counts and hefty sample rates.

Last edited:
I didn't know USB 2.0 was not compatible with multichannel playback.

EDIT: a quick google produced this which indicates USB 2.0 has enough bandwidth for MC streaming, even at high channel counts and hefty sample rates.
Good. I didn't know that it was the version 2.0. I mistakenly thought that it was the number of channels! 🤪

I suspect those who prefer disk based playback might be interested in this. Its a current production Blueray player with 7.1 analog out connections. And the cost is only $499 retail. The Tascam BD-MP1 "Professional Grade" BR player. Check it out if you are in that market. No DVD-Audio, No SACD as far as I can tell. The test article linked below isn't exhaustive by any means, but it tests relatively well with CDs. Lots of unusual equipment on the manufacturers site. I was surprised to see new cassette deck offerings.

Tascam BD-MP1

Tascam BD-MP1 manufacturers site

Interesting find, thanks for sharing.
$399 and in stock at Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Tascam-BD-MP1-Professional-Grade-Blu-Ray-Player/dp/B07ZV5JW74

Another "pro" feature, balanced stereo outs:

61YRV1OJJPL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Would be even more tempting if it played UHD discs, too. If you want 7.1 analog out for 4K, I think Panasonic (UB820 and UB9000) are the only ones left. It's worth noting that the UB820 is similarly priced.

Back