Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Terrible Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters

The56Kid

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Just received it earlier today and only thru song 5, but really digging it. Music and visuals pair nicely and the mix is immersive and enveloping. Will wait until I’ve had a chance to hear it in its entirety before voting, but I’m impressed!

Infomas

Just got it last night. The few snippets I've listened to sound great. Can't wait to dig in to this.

Last edited:

The56Kid

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Amazed there aren’t more comments for this excellent album. I really like the music even though I guess you could classify it as ambient, not one of my favorite genres. Love how the songs flow into each other and create a cohesive listening experience. The mix is very nice - immersive and full, although I did bump my rears to reach what I felt was my preferred balance.

I’m going with a well deserved ‘9’. For those who partake of the Rastafarian sacrament, it provides great accompaniment - both aurally and visually. Kudos to @Stephen W Tayler for a surprisingly meditative and enjoyable release!

Infomas

The content and the mix is perfect for those who want the music to just wash over them. Yes, as @The56Kid said, it goes well with mind altering substances. The video will give those with eyes open something to focus and/or meditate on. In fact, that may be the best way to listen to this. Overall, really well done. I was going to give this a 9, but, I really couldn't find anything I didn't like about it. So it gets a 10.

timbre4

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
I confess I'm really late to acquire and comment on this excellent disc! It was rather hard to find stateside, it just never broke through with the usual suspect vendors over here. So I added it to an order from Burning Shed and it arrived a couple weeks ago. I've started a new routine where I bring new music in the house to play on the modest 5.1.2 living room system with my wife over dinner.

Putting this DVD into the player and selecting DTS surround, with no previous knowledge, I was instantly transfixed by the music with these visuals! We were enveloped by a rich mix of electronic keyboards and effects with all channels properly utilized in a natural satisfying manner that was pleasing while never drawing attention to itself. The clever visual content matched the music perfectly. My wife enjoyed this video album very much as well. Need to make a backup to play in the cars next.

I second the comments above about this album providing a calming effect that takes the edge off the day. It's a proper album length (finish in one sitting) so it'll be re-visited many times. The fidelity is top notch to me, very rich and carefully balanced. It would normally be my practice to take a point off for not being lossless but the cumulative joy and satisfaction of the experience with this album makes it a 10 for me as well. Recommended without any hesitation!

Last edited:

fizzywiggs41

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
This type of music is right up my alley ....a sort of Ambi-Electronics in the Tangerine Dream and Klaus Schulze vein

and it's quite good , so thank-you for this gem Stephen W Tayler . This will definitely be in my regular Playlist.

The Surround is surprisingly good (very good actually)and I highly recommend this little Electronic wonder...... available on cd/dtsdvd on the Burning Shed label.

And In conclusion I hope Stephen W Tayler continues in this trend and He has my support for a proven Surround title. So more please.

edisonbaggins

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I echo many sentiments from this thread.
I'll add that this album has several interesting melodic themes. It's not as meandering as some ambient works can be.
It only takes a few minutes to get through the liner notes, but they're worth a peek. The album has a cool theme.
The live at Real World Studios material is a must. Discrete and energetic.
Well earned "9". Highly recommend.
Thank you @Stephen W Tayler 👍🤘
RIP Mr. Rupert Hine 💔🎶

Last edited:

timbre4

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
I had to come back and comment further. I've been listening to some portion of this album pretty much every day since I wrote above. My current dependence on this recording is rather extraordinary, I always look forward to it. If I reach the end, I start it over! My most favorite tracks are (3) Crosstalk On The Crosswalk (surround demo!), (6) Water Under The Bridge and (8) Four Ways to Fiveways. There is no filler on this album.

It provides '10' level enjoyment for me; it seems so fully really realized as an album and personal statement. Whatever Stephen's goals were, they were exceeded IMHO.

Last edited:

timbre4

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
How can it get any better?

I’m daft and only watching the Live @ Real World studios featurette for the first time now thanks to mention of it in this thread!

This album richly deserves some decent stateside availability.

This album richly deserves some decent stateside availability.
Thank you so much for your kind comments!

I sadly had trouble getting commitment from a label for this release so I chose to do the exclusive distribution deal with Burning Shed for the physical release, they are so friendly and helpful. I guess I am just a bit too eclectic!!

SWTx

edisonbaggins

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Thank you so much for your kind comments!

I sadly had trouble getting commitment from a label for this release so I chose to do the exclusive distribution deal with Burning Shed for the physical release, they are so friendly and helpful. I guess I am just a bit too eclectic!!

SWTx
Totally understandable. Do you think it might be possible to offer a download somewhere? Lossless preferred.

Totally understandable. Do you think it might be possible to offer a download somewhere? Lossless preferred.
We shall have to see - depends on the agreements - and frankly I would prefer it to be available audio/visual as it was conceived - we do have the stereo audio version on streaming and download services.....