TEAC-A2340RS open reel

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4x4audio

I would like to purchase new heads for this new R2R that I've recently aquired.
Can anyone tell me who I might contact for this? I am in the Seattle area. but of
course will talk to anyone, anywhere that I need to.

Thanks,
Chris

You can probably still get them directly from Teac in California. Teac has always been way ahead of the others in stocking parts. I haven't ordered those heads for about 7 years, but the last time I did, they ran about $300 each.

Oh my god! What did a unit like this Teac A-2340RS sell for when new?
Are you really serious that it might be $300.00 a piece? These decks sell for about
300.00 on ebay. Ieven paid 200.00.

How do I know if they even need replacing? I just thought, "Lets start fresh"

Chris

I misspoke. My invoice from 9-1994 for a playback head is $171.20. As I recall, the record head costs a bit more. Contact:
TEAC America, Inc.
7733 Telegraph Road
Montebello, CA 90640
(213) 726-0303

It may be possible to have the heads re-lapped.

I did this with a tired out Fostex A-8 deck (you know, the one cool guys like Tab use, albeit in modified form!) about 10 years ago. This made it work like a new machine.

The firm was JRF Magnetic in NY or NJ as I recall. Still have receipts for reference, good folks.

Timbre4

You could try www.sprague-magnetics.com/
I have one of the Teac /Tascam Studio 388 reel to reel 8 track heads in my hand , done by them ! Not very expensive either- I use it for Q8 play back , like the fostex
Rob :cool:
I posted a link so you can check this Company out
DESCRIPTION RECONTOUR PRICE
Mono and 2 Track $ 45.00
4 Track $ 55.00
8 Track $ 110.00
16 Track $125.00
24 Track $155.00
Film - 16 and 35mm $ 75.00 and up
Audio for Video $110.00
Edge Slotting $ 100.00

hi timbre4

do you happend to have a # for JRF i need a recording head for my teac 38-8 maybe they have a re-lapped one ???? let me know at [email protected] thanks Gerardo

Hello,

I am such the packrat; found the receipts from 1992, then wondered if they had a wedsite. They sure do! Only change was the area code: 973-579-5773

www.jrfmagnetics.com/

Had a great chat with Joe French back then. Here's what they did according to the invoice:

Fostex A-8 1/4" 8TK head assembly:
Relapped erase, record play heads &
optically aligned assembly

Cut edge slots in R/P head
Replaced wires on TK 1 R/P head

$185.00 + $6.50 shipping

Timbre4

Back