Steven Wilson Tears For Fears first new album since 2004... The Tipping Point! (Blu-Ray option on SDE.com!)

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Strilo

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
So I cannot say I am a huge fan of this thread being moved to this forum. Is there a way that I could request it be moved back to where it was? Or even to the Atmos forum, since we know the album will be in Atmos?

Marplot

QQ Supporter

J. PUPSTER

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Supporter

andi-999

Going through the comments on SDE website is certainly hilarious. Obviously a lot of the buyers intend to listen to this release on their soundbar or PC speakers, probably expecting a sound wonder from this blu-ray.

I am wondering which percentage of the people who bought this release have a decent 5.1 or even Atmos speaker setup, actually. :cool:

Last edited:

musicmemorabiliashoppellc

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Going through the comments on SDE website is certainly hilarious. Obviously a lot of the buyers intend to listen to this release on their soundbar or PC speakers, probably expecting a sound wonder from this blu-ray.

I am wondering which percentage of the people who bought this release have a decent 5.1 or even Atmos speaker setup, actually. :cool:
Most younger folk don’t care or are not interested in HIGH QUALITY sound, nor do they understand it, nor do they want a MULTITUDE of speakers up and down their living rooms, so a sound bar is good for them. I understand where they are coming from, but the younger generations have different priorities then we do for the most part😁

esimms86

QQ Supporter

Actually pisses me off that many people who bought this under such circumstances have effectively deprived surround listeners of the opportunity. Another case of a zero sum game.

Marplot

QQ Supporter
Won't the ATMOS fold down to stereo giving you a lossless 48k stereo version to enjoy; which should indeed be better than the CD?
(not an ATMOS guy ... I know, no kidding ;-) )

andi-999

Won't the ATMOS fold down to stereo giving you a lossless 48k stereo version to enjoy; which should indeed be better than the CD?
(not an ATMOS guy ... I know, no kidding ;-) )
Are you asking if someone might be able to tell the difference between a 48 KHz fold down Atmos mix and a 44 KHz 2.0 native stereo mix on a soundbar? :)

FrankieZappa

I just replied to a person who wanted to listen the album on a MacBook Pro since its speakers are Dolby Atmos capable (...:geek:) and buying an external bluray drive just for the occasion...
I don't want to sound mean but there is an Italian way of saying: "chi ha I denti non ha il pane e chi ha il pane non ha I denti" which roughly translates to"those who need something usually lack it, while those who have it are unable to enjoy it".