Tears For Fears first new album since 2004... The Tipping Point!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy day - glad more can buy a copy (as it should be) it could set a sales record if marketed traditionally. This is one I could recommend without any hesitation! My wife and I played a 5.1 DVD-A of it twice in the Acura going down to Steve Hackett show in Atlanta and back; very pleasant mix and compositions.

Last edited:
They are only taking preorders for two weeks, and will show they are 2nd edition releases. I'm just happy to get a chance to purchase after hesitating and missing out on the original release.

I'll take any of 'em, but if I had to pick one it'd have to Everybody Loves A Happy Ending. So many layers to play with, and a good opportunity to finally get a more dynamic presentation. Can you imagine the big chorus in "Who Killed Tangerine" in surround?
This right here.

The preorder window for the 2nd edition of TTP closes tomorrow, just thought I'd mention it in case anyone is still missing out.

I'm listening to this one now and am really enjoying it. Never was a big fan of the band but think this is a very good album and will it make me go back and listen to their older albums with a fresh ear. Great songs, great mix and great production. Very impressed!

K

If you are enjoying this, you would probably also like Steven Wilson's 5.1 mix of their third album, The Seeds of Love. Not sure if the surround mix is on the streaming services, but Bull Moose still has copies of the box set for $71.

If you are enjoying this, you would probably also like Steven Wilson's 5.1 mix of their third album, The Seeds of Love. Not sure if the surround mix is on the streaming services, but Bull Moose still has copies of the box set for $71.

The only TFF surround mix that is streaming right now is the Dolby Atmos mix of "The Tipping Point" but it's well worth the money, @kvsawilson, to get both "The Seeds of Love" and "Songs from the Big Chair" box sets. Both 5.1 mixes are phenomenal, and there's loads of additional content in both sets. They really are some of the best sets I have ever purchased for a single album.

:)

Just saw them in concert last week out my way...great show, and both Curt and Roland were in fine form and then some with both of their voices in great shape. They played several songs from the new album (in the album order which they were adamant was important) as well as their hits from past albums.

As much as I enjoy the available surround versions of their albums (I have all 3 :) ), live music is still just plain awesome!

I am seriously hoping they add more US Dates. They're not coming anywhere close to me.

I just did a road trip to Seattle to see Tori Amos and before that a trip to Phoenix to see Pearl Jam. As much as I love TFF, I need them to come close...

Shipping notice for 2nd edition received.
Good to know, was wondering whether they were supposed to start shipping June 17 or be scheduled to arrive around June 17. Just got a subscription to Apple Music the other day and have been listening to the downmixed Atmos. Holy shit am I glad I decided to get this disc, the first track had me grinning from ear to ear.

Back