Tears for Fears-Songs From The Big Chair - HiRez 5.1!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FYI - Got my shipping notice for Songs from the Big Chair last night[/QUOTE]

As did I - let's hope it doesn't take a month to get here!

Thanks for include PCM and DTS 96/24 in the DVD and not in the DVDA section only.

Great!

I just cancelled my order with deepdiscount, and re-ordered using your link :D .

Can't wait to hear this baby!

Jon

UPDATE:

I just checked on this order, and it, too, is now listed as backordered from WOW (although they did charge my credit card immediately) :( .

This stinks...when will the industry realize that there is more demand for this sort of stuff they they realize?

I don't suppose anyone knows of a B&M store that might be carrying it that I could check?

On the other hand, I'm seeing more of the 12/9 release date at some other sites...is this perhaps the actual release date for my neck of the woods (the U.S.)?

Jon

UPDATE:

I just checked on this order, and it, too, is now listed as backordered from WOW (although they did charge my credit card immediately) :( .

This stinks...when will the industry realize that there is more demand for this sort of stuff they they realize?

I don't suppose anyone knows of a B&M store that might be carrying it that I could check?

Jon

When I saw your first post I thought this might happen...it appears that any US based site is going to be getting that disc later than the European based sources...I was lucky to get one of the last copies from Burning Shed...it shipped yesterday...you could order it from amazon uk here..but keep in mind you probably won't get it delivered until Dec...my orders from the UK usually take from 14 to 20 days...depending on holidays...so the question is do you want to get it a little earlier or do you want to save money...I doubt if any US sources will have it prior to Dec 9th..

UPDATE:

On the other hand, I'm seeing more of the 12/9 release date at some other sites...is this perhaps the actual release date for my neck of the woods (the U.S.)?

Jon
It may get shipped in a few days, they tend to put orders in the backorder state all the time.

Just watched Tears For Fears perform Everybody Wants To Rule The World on Jimmy Kimmel (taped from Nov 12) in honour of the 30th anniversary of Songs From the Big Chair. The drums were over-powering the mix somewhat. Curt Smith seemed not totally at ease with the main vocals. He did a good job but as I said, the drums were too much in the foreground of the mix and the vocals were subsequently pushed back in the mix. Overall, interesting to see this band in light of the new 5.1 mix.

Just watched Tears For Fears perform Everybody Wants To Rule The World on Jimmy Kimmel (taped from Nov 12) in honour of the 30th anniversary of Songs From the Big Chair. The drums were over-powering the mix somewhat. Curt Smith seemed not totally at ease with the main vocals. He did a good job but as I said, the drums were too much in the foreground of the mix and the vocals were subsequently pushed back in the mix. Overall, interesting to see this band in light of the new 5.1 mix.

That reminds me of the Motörhead concert.
Lemmy's vocals were also pushed back in the mix, because he can not sing higher notes anymore.
So perhaps this was also the reason to do so for C. Smith? ;)

That reminds me of the Motörhead concert.
Lemmy's vocals were also pushed back in the mix, because he can not sing higher notes anymore.
So perhaps this was also the reason to do so for C. Smith? ;)

That's the impression I got of Curt Smith on the Jimmy Kimmel show...at one point his voice seemed weak/faint...for me it didn't ruin the experience...I really like that song:)...I also have learned that audio on television broadcasts are hit and miss propositions....you can't really make a proper examination of a band in that setting...

I was pleasantly surprised at how good they sounded, at least compared to other acts of their generation and before who I have heard recently on TV.

So, any thoughts why I would have trouble with the DTS on this? Mr Wilkes?

Here it is on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLEXHFsSzYU

I thought they sounded pretty good, Curt isn't shying away from anything I can hear, his voice has always been a touch delicate by rock standards

The 5.1 mix by the way is wow, wow, wow...had it for 48 hours only but it is on constant rotation...hairs went up on the back of my neck at the beginning of Everybody Wants To Rule the World..I will write a proper review when some of the euphoria subsides

Back