Tears for Fears-Songs From The Big Chair - HiRez 5.1!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well , if you think Curt did not sound well...Roland's voice is ALMOST GONE!..was he drunk?
The next song was "The Seeds of Love"...check it out...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecckBXPwo9E

Nice find kap'n.......that first 90 seconds was somewhat awkward, out of tune terribly....hopefully it was an earpiece technical issue as it did improve....they were really good when i saw them live in 2008

Nice find kap'n.......that first 90 seconds was somewhat awkward, out of tune terribly....hopefully it was an earpiece technical issue as it did improve....they were really good when i saw them live in 2008

It's just that his REAL voice wasn't there at all...and him KISSING Curt????? dang...hard drugs , duude!

Just a quick heads up for you Aussies - JB HiFi has the Super Deluxe Edition 6 disc set listed for $42.99 which equates to £23.84 or US$37.23 at today's rates. Compares favourably to Amazon UK at £45.99 or Amazon US at US$84.98. JB do ship internationally but the postage looks pretty steep whereas shipping in Australia is 99¢

BTW, did anyone notice that they did away with the fake 5.1 mix on Scenes that was on the prior DVD release? The box is DD stereo only.

Anyone notice the typo on the sticker for the box set. For the dvd it says Scenes form The Big Chair. Spelled from wrong. Save your stickers.
Phil.
Here's what it looks like. I don't think it's a misspelling. Scenes probably refers to the TV appearances.

Attachments

• tff_sticker.jpg
    tff_sticker.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 324
Here's what it looks like. I don't think it's a misspelling. Scenes probably refers to the TV appearances.

The DVD sleeve says "Scenes From The Big Chair" on it, so of course it is a typo. (We are talking about from/form not Songs/Scenes).

My sticker has the error as I'm sure they all do.

If you look at the back of the case it shows the documentary on Disc Six as being titled Scenes From The Big Chair.

update: Oh, so it's form on the sticker. ok, i agree that would be a typographical alright

YES! I received my copy of the Pure Audio BluRay today! :) Haven't had a chance to listen yet, but can't wait.

In the meantime, I wonder if I could ask you guys for your help... I like to keep 5.1 mixes on my PC in FLAC (or demuxed AC3, DTS, or MKV etc., depending on the original format). Unfortunately, I don't have a BluRay drive and thus I cannot make FLACs from this disc. Have any of you transferred the songs to FLAC, and would you be willing to share?

I definitely have the original BluRay and this would be for backup and to listen from PC. Jon, if my post breaks the rules, please go ahead and delete.

Did anybody notice that the rears are really quiet on the DTS HD-MA track? It's only my first listen, but I believe they are well-balanced on the LPCM track, while they're almost drowned out on the DTS HD-MA. Is it just me?

YES! I received my copy of the Pure Audio BluRay today! :) Haven't had a chance to listen yet, but can't wait.

In the meantime, I wonder if I could ask you guys for your help... I like to keep 5.1 mixes on my PC in FLAC (or demuxed AC3, DTS, or MKV etc., depending on the original format). Unfortunately, I don't have a BluRay drive and thus I cannot make FLACs from this disc. Have any of you transferred the songs to FLAC, and would you be willing to share?

I definitely have the original BluRay and this would be for backup and to listen from PC. Jon, if my post breaks the rules, please go ahead and delete.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-SE-506CB-RSBD-Blu-ray-External/dp/B00JJGFRIQ/ref=dp_ob_title_ce

Try the above usb bluray drive. It has been bulletproof ripping all my bluray and dvda discs. It works on my Mac and windows 8.

Sounds absolutely fantastic, got this and Reckless in the mail tonight...thrilled with both.

foobar2000 1.3.2 / Dynamic Range Meter 1.1.1
log date: 2014-11-25 20:08:06

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Analyzed: Tears For Fears / Songs from the Big Chair
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DR Peak RMS Duration Track
DR13 -0.10 dB -16.43 dB 6:40 01-Shout
DR13 -0.10 dB -17.41 dB 6:33 02-The Working Hour
DR13 -0.15 dB -17.99 dB 4:12 03-Everybody Wants to Rule the World
DR13 -0.10 dB -17.99 dB 5:08 04-Mothers Talk
DR14 -0.98 dB -22.53 dB 4:56 05-I Believe
DR12 -0.10 dB -16.74 dB 2:40 06-Broken
DR13 -0.10 dB -16.41 dB 4:54 07-Head Over Heals
DR13 -0.10 dB -18.97 dB 6:59 08-Listen

Number of tracks: 8
Official DR value: DR13

Samplerate: 96000 Hz
Channels: 6
Bits per sample: 24
Bitrate: 13824 kbps
Codec: PCM

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-SE-506CB-RSBD-Blu-ray-External/dp/B00JJGFRIQ/ref=dp_ob_title_ce

Try the above usb bluray drive. It has been bulletproof ripping all my bluray and dvda discs. It works on my Mac and windows 8.

Nice!! Thanks so much! :) I might even go for an internal one... Will start looking right now. Only thing is... I've been spending so much on music, now my budget for November is used up. o_O I think I will give myself a Blu Ray drive for Christmas though.

Back