• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Tears for Fears-Songs From The Big Chair - HiRez 5.1!

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

jefe1

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Too bad we cant have a choice of mixes like Monster music offered on some of their releases. A normal mix then something completely wild etc assuming the artist would allow it.

Mike the Fish

My question to you is how can SW make surround mix placements more adventurous without compromising the original sound and intent of the stereo mix? I think his instinct and approach is usually the right one, and very rarely do I feel like he can be more adventurous without comprising the original sound and intent. Plus there's always the artist approval factor which can affect how adventurous he can really be.
But the stereo mix is the stereo mix. Why would it be the same? There's probably several surround mixes you really like that don't take this approach, even though they may still retain the main feel of the track. In fact one album that really does lose the original feel in places: R.E.M.'s Green, you rated a 10. :)

Otherwise it's along the lines of:
"Hey you love The White Album? You've got to check out the mono mix too!"
- "Wow, really? How does it sound?"
"Almost identical, and exactly how you'd expect."
- "Nice!"

Personally, I tend to prefer surround mixes that respect the feel - in that I include the general perceived level of parts - of the original, but it has been done using other approaches which I find far more beguiling than Songs... Mind you I like a few surprises as well but careful with that reverb, Eugene.

fourml8r

i saw this posted today on the TEARS FOR FEARS Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TearsForFearsgroup

Just wanted to share a little bit of news that came my way' I recieved an email from Paul. S (superdeluxeedition) about the status of the Seeds of Love box set' it is due out in the autum if all still goes to plan. He has finished all the work for the booklet that accompanies it' and said he has interviewed all the "Main Players"..... Roland and Curt' Oleta Adams and Nicky Holland as well as Chris Hughes Dave Bascombe and A&R man Dave Bates' he also told me that we as TFF fans are going to be "very very pleased"....

Mike the Fish

The interviews could be very interesting: it was such a difficult album for them to make.

Marplot

300 Club - QQ All-Star
The Hurting is, but no 5.1

marpow

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
i saw this posted today on the TEARS FOR FEARS Facebook page:

TEARS FOR FEARS

Just wanted to share a little bit of news that came my way' I recieved an email from Paul. S (superdeluxeedition) about the status of the Seeds of Love box set' it is due out in the autum if all still goes to plan. He has finished all the work for the booklet that accompanies it' and said he has interviewed all the "Main Players"..... Roland and Curt' Oleta Adams and Nicky Holland as well as Chris Hughes Dave Bascombe and A&R man Dave Bates' he also told me that we as TFF fans are going to be "very very pleased"....
I won't be buying either of these because I already have them. But the news above about an Autumn release of Seeds Of Love, sounds great.

Mcallister

Guess I’ll have to purchase the Big Chair box. I’ve been on the search for the blu-Ray for a good price with little luck. I don’t know the album well except for the couple big hits so really don’t need all the extras from the set but that price is still lower then any of the Blu-Rays I’ve come across.

Group builder