Tears for Fears-Songs From The Big Chair - HiRez 5.1!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need to order this BDA but I can only find it on Bullmoose and they don't do international orders...

I can't remember who suggested it (fredblue?) but someone 12 months back posted that SW needed to be employed to do HFPA surround titles. Looks promising, although I'd not want him to stop writing and performing his own music!!!

My take on XTC: Not Pop. So Songs From the Big Chair is SW's first pop release.

Alright, so were they being ironic or dirty rotten liers when they sang "This Is Pop"? :yikes

Have we received 100 Percent confirmation that this is 5.1 or is this still somewhat hopeful speculation??

OK all. Mr. Wilkes has given me permission to say:

WOOO FREAKING HOOO!

Wait until you guys hear Tears for Fears - Songs from the Big Chair in High Resolution 5.1 mixed by Steven Wilson!!!

It sounds incredible. We had a test DVD-A for a month or maybe more, and I have been blasting it in the car and at home. You will not be disappointed.
More later when we find out exactly what will come out along with the mix, but I can assure you all that the 5.1 is HiRez and amazing.

You may now anticipate without guilt

OK all. Mr. Wilkes has given me permission to say:

WOOO FREAKING HOOO!

Wait until you guys hear Tears for Fears - Songs from the Big Chair in High Resolution 5.1 mixed by Steven Wilson!!!

It sounds incredible. We had a test DVD-A for a month or maybe more, and I have been blasting it in the car and at home. You will not be disappointed.
More later when we find out exactly what will come out along with the mix, but I can assure you all that the 5.1 is HiRez and amazing.

You may now anticipate without guilt
I 100% agree with Jon!! I know every one of my Steven Wilson reviews is... "this mix is awesome" but - this is another one. I love this album and it's better than ever in this 5.1 mix!!! Get it as soon as you can. You won't be disappointed.

I 100% agree with Jon!! I know every one of my Steven Wilson reviews is... "this mix is awesome" but - this is another one. I love this album and it's better than ever in this 5.1 mix!!! Get it as soon as you can. You won't be disappointed.

I am going to order this without ever hearing a TFF song! I hope I like!

So this is one of the two previously mentioned #1s then, correct? (#1 US, #2 UK)
Yes, this was a #1 in the USA. I'm still hoping that the UK#1 is Misplaced Childhood. But I was quite surprised that SW mixed TFF, so it could be anything.

Yes, this was a #1 in the USA. I'm still hoping that the UK#1 is Misplaced Childhood. But I was quite surprised that SW mixed TFF, so it could be anything.

Misplaced Childhood would be great, but I still have hope (little) for Asia - Asia

It's hard to fathom that you will not recognize the hit song "Everybody Wants to Rule the World".

It's a great mix of that song. To give you a tiny preview, the very first intro guitar part which is about 4 beats long begins solo in the center speaker, and is quickly surrounded by the mass of sound in the second measure that comes at you from all around. Very freaking cool. It happens so fast, I barely noticed it the first time.

Also, you can clearly crank this up. No compression at all. It sounds great loud.

For those of you with the Mercedes Benz demo DVD, this version of "Shout" trounces that one. Hard to believe there will be two different 5.1 mixes for this 80's hit song. Who'da thunk? And there's a tune called "I Believe" that sounds like the listener is sitting in a huge cathedral as the piano and vocal come from space. You guys will really like this mix, and keenly I am sure that you will as well.

I grew up in the '80s and hated most of the pop from that era as disposable sonically atrocious crap. But not Tears For Fears, and specifically not this album. These guys could flat out play, and they wrote great songs to boot.

Here's a "deep cut" from the record -- check out the whacked out lead guitar. Not your run-of-the-mill pop band: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX3bzpCspvY

It's hard to fathom that you will not recognize the hit song "Everybody Wants to Rule the World".

It's a great mix of that song. To give you a tiny preview, the very first intro guitar part which is about 4 beats long begins solo in the center speaker, and is quickly surrounded by the mass of sound in the second measure that comes at you from all around. Very freaking cool. It happens so fast, I barely noticed it the first time.

Also, you can clearly crank this up. No compression at all. It sounds great loud.

For those of you with the Mercedes Benz demo DVD, this version of "Shout" trounces that one. Hard to believe there will be two different 5.1 mixes for this 80's hit song. Who'da thunk? And there's a tune called "I Believe" that sounds like the listener is sitting in a huge cathedral as the piano and vocal come from space. You guys will really like this mix, and keenly I am sure that you will as well.

Everybody Wants To Rule The World is my 80's flashback song...it takes me right back to that time in my life..and life was good then...I was going to get the SHM SACD despite the mixed reception it got so I could have that one song..of course I like other songs on that album as well..but hearing such praise for that song has me STOKED!

I grew up in the '80s and hated most of the pop from that era as disposable sonically atrocious crap. But not Tears For Fears, and specifically not this album. These guys could flat out play, and they wrote great songs to boot.

Here's a "deep cut" from the record -- check out the whacked out lead guitar. Not your run-of-the-mill pop band: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX3bzpCspvY

I wanted to be surprised, hopefully pleasantly.

Can't do it....not for this or the Bryan Adams. Everything that was wrong about mid '80's hit music can be attributed to Adams and Tears for Fears.

As a very much Prog & Blues Rock fan I would have agreed, but ................. I saw both Tears For Fears and Talk Talk play in the 80's and they were very good live, so I'm in on this one! Nick Beggs was in Kajagoogoo (aaaargh :howl) an album of whose I bought for my sister for Xmas, and look at the amazing stuff he is involved in now. :)

Back