Tears for Fears-Songs From The Big Chair - HiRez 5.1!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Besides all these new releases I would like to mention that some previous out of print titles will be available again...at a cheaper price....I've been going thru the list and I'll be getting some of these

it's outta control...my preorder list has never been longer!! (tho it doesn't include this one) and i love it

:wave

As a very much Prog & Blues Rock fan I would have agreed, but ................. I saw both Tears For Fears and Talk Talk play in the 80's and they were very good live, so I'm in on this one! Nick Beggs was in Kajagoogoo (aaaargh :howl) an album of whose I bought for my sister for Xmas, and look at the amazing stuff he is involved in now. :)

agreed, i have seen them a few times live and was very impressed.

most of the comments about them being too 80's are from folks that just surface listen (or radio listeners). get deep into one of their cds and it is clear there is a lot of prog rock influence (with an 80s influence). most people under rate them as a band, again attributed to the 80's sound.

It brilliant :woopie, what a year, :banana: , if I could only ignore the size of the credit card bill which is heading my way next month! :yikes

yes...next month...and the next month...and....egads...my center speaker upgrade planned for november might have to be postponed! :mad:@:

It won't be like this forever..that speaker will always be there...get em now and sort out the details later:)

exactly! getting so much great music takes the sting out of postponing... nice just knowing the improvement is out there...and gotta have some upgrade to look forward to...that is..that won't cost me a kidney donation!

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned anything about "The Working Hour" yet.
Not only is it THE standout track on the album for me, but it's also become one of my favorite songs of the entire 1980s! It's THAT good!
If it sounds half as good in surround as it does in stereo, then I can't say "Shut up and take my money" fast enough! :)

It does. You will. In time.

I was struck by the new interview with album producer Chis Hughes about how Songs From The Big Chair came together. It's nothing like I thought, you might be surprised as much as I was. There are lots of other extras...

The surround mix is great and such a pleasant surprise in so many ways.

No brainier - very satisfying package!

From QQ deep space

It's hard to fathom that you will not recognize the hit song "Everybody Wants to Rule the World".

It's a great mix of that song. To give you a tiny preview, the very first intro guitar part which is about 4 beats long begins solo in the center speaker, and is quickly surrounded by the mass of sound in the second measure that comes at you from all around. Very freaking cool. It happens so fast, I barely noticed it the first time.

And it was also the opening and closing theme for Saturday Night Live alumnus Dennis Miller's great Dennis Miller Live HBO show.

ED :)

Can't do it....not for this or the Bryan Adams. Everything that was wrong about mid '80's hit music can be attributed to Adams and Tears for Fears.
Uh no.

If you can't hear the difference between Bryan Adams and Tears for Fears (melodic, rhythmic, compositional, lyrical, arrangement, production, vision, vocals, etc, etc), you are not really trying. A humongous artistic delta between the two.

Bryan Adams is pretty much boring, something that Tears for Fears has never been accused of.

What's greatly encouraging about this is (unless I'm mistaken)...

1.) It's the first Steven Wilson 5.1 mix to appear on Universal records,
2.) It's the first Steven Wilson 5.1 mix to appear on HFPA Blu-ray..

Can SW's 5.1 of Roxy Music on HFPA Blu-ray be far behind now (since Universal gobbled up EMI/Virgin)..?
In essence, I'm hoping this isn't a one off.

Absolutely stoked!!

Uh no.

If you can't hear the difference between Bryan Adams and Tears for Fears (melodic, rhythmic, compositional, lyrical, arrangement, production, vision, vocals, etc, etc), you are not really trying. A humongous artistic delta between the two.

Bryan Adams is pretty much boring, something that Tears for Fears has never been accused of.

Don't think the statement was an actual comparison of the music. More so the general music vibe of music in the mid 80's which to me was ruled by synth pop and mid-tempo rockers.

I am torn by these two releases. I have both from back in the day but I tired of them of them pretty quickly. To me Songs From the Big Chair is just sooooo dated. Big, processed, manufactured music. Aside from "thriller", this is pretty much one of the last "Iconic" 80's album I would have dreamed of hearing.

Come on Steve - stop teasing me! You keep on making brilliant 5.1 mixes for stuff that is just outside my tastes. Give me something in my sweet spot from the 80's!
Flesh & Blood - Roxy Music / Anything Marillion or Fish / Asia's 1st album / New Order / Police / Dire Straits / Gabriel oh the list could go on and on.

61QUo0RhY4L._SL1500_.jpg

The box set shot. I don't see anything specifically relating to DVDA or Blu-Ray in the picture, but they must be coming in this set (or outside of it).

The beta testers received DVD-A discs to test, so DVD-A is going to available somewhere, I would assume in the box. Neil will have to chime in to verify, but I can assure you there will be a real DVD-A somewhere. There was also a DVD-V with TV appearances and stuff on it. So these must have been targeted for the deluxe box set shown above

Back