Tears For Fears "The Hurting" (SDE Blu-Ray #9 with Steven Wilson 5.1 & Dolby Atmos mixes!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine has shipped too, so I guess it'll be here in about a week. Not bad considering it's officially released on Friday.

I only bought the one on the initial announcement, but ordered a couple more the other day and will be dipping my toe formally into the "I wonder what these will sell for in 3-12 months" prospecting. Received shipping confirmation for all (3) despite the months between orders, so it would seem they have all of them on hand/done. Pretty excited for this release, it's my third favorite TFF album.

I only bought the one on the initial announcement, but ordered a couple more the other day and will be dipping my toe formally into the "I wonder what these will sell for in 3-12 months" prospecting. Received shipping confirmation for all (3) despite the months between orders, so it would seem they have all of them on hand/done. Pretty excited for this release, it's my third favorite TFF album.
Good luck with that. Sometimes these discs end up going for crazy prices for sure.

The only time I tried that was buying an extra copy of the Beatles Mono CD box. I fell for someone over on that “other” forum saying it was going to be a very limited pressing.

I still have it and think it’s probably worth less now than what I paid for it. :ROFLMAO:

I also inadvertently purchased two copies of the AF Mahavishu Orchestra “Birds of Fire” SACD. still sitting on a sealed copy of that one too. Not much value there either.

Good luck with that. Sometimes these discs end up going for crazy prices for sure.

The only time I tried that was buying an extra copy of the Beatles Mono CD box. I fell for someone over on that “other” forum saying it was going to be a very limited pressing.

I still have it and think it’s probably worth less now than what I paid for it. :ROFLMAO:

I also inadvertently purchased two copies of the AF Mahavishu Orchestra “Birds of Fire” SACD. still sitting on a sealed copy of that one too. Not much value there either.
I did it with The Tipping Point, sold my one copy the day it arrive for well over $100 then after hearing the album decided on the second printing to get one for myself. I ended up making about $30 and have a copy of Tipping Point. If I end up giving The Hurting bluray away (like I intentionally did recently with PF's Animals) it's not a huge loss to spread good music to a friend or two. I suspect I'll at least be able to break even worse case though, unless they have the green light to keep printing them and round three happens.

Related/unrelated, I sold my SW Hand Cannot Erase book/deluxe set for twice what I paid years later. I didn't soak the buyer either, some were asking for $200 and I think I got $130 for it. I have the bluray so was fine with just enjoying the music every now and then. Most of my other surround discs are probably flat on cost/value, and don't expect them to increase any more with streaming service offering surround now. But they stay on the shelf just the same.

I collect sports cards and the rule is always to only spend what you can afford, so I'm not counting on this flip to feed myself. :)

Anyway.

I did it with The Tipping Point, sold my one copy the day it arrive for well over $100 then after hearing the album decided on the second printing to get one for myself. I ended up making about $30 and have a copy of Tipping Point. If I end up giving The Hurting bluray away (like I intentionally did recently with PF's Animals) it's not a huge loss to spread good music to a friend or two. I suspect I'll at least be able to break even worse case though, unless they have the green light to keep printing them and round three happens.

Related/unrelated, I sold my SW Hand Cannot Erase book/deluxe set for twice what I paid years later. I didn't soak the buyer either, some were asking for $200 and I think I got $130 for it. I have the bluray so was fine with just enjoying the music every now and then. Most of my other surround discs are probably flat on cost/value, and don't expect them to increase any more with streaming service offering surround now. But they stay on the shelf just the same.

I collect sports cards and the rule is always to only spend what you can afford, so I'm not counting on this flip to feed myself. :)

Anyway.
I'm not really looking to make money off this stuff and I certainly don't want to take copies away from others who simply missed out on the first run.

But sometimes I do make mistakes and buy extra copies of things. I also have both the full box and the individual blu-ray of "Animals". I'm holding on to the sealed BR to see what happens with the value down the road.

My free time is worth more to me than I could get by flipping limited released titles.
Must be nice. I'm not poor and $20+ profit for mailing something is worth it for the 10 minutes it takes me total. It's a way of paying for my own copy, to put it another way. Same strategy I'm applying to the sport cards -- reselling/flipping an occasional card allows me to buy new ones I want to keep. In theory at least, sometimes I cheat and buy more than I've earned through that resale avenue alone. I'm imperfect. Being flawed is clearly why I try to break even on my collectibles purchases instead of just blinding tossing money at it.

Last edited:
I'm not really looking to make money off this stuff and I certainly don't want to take copies away from others who simply missed out on the first run.

But sometimes I do make mistakes and buy extra copies of things. I also have both the full box and the individual blu-ray of "Animals". I'm holding on to the sealed BR to see what happens with the value down the road.
As far as I know, no one is missing out who wants a copy of Hurting. They're still for sale(?). But I did intentionally do this with Tipping Point, and to that I would say "I only bought the one". It's not for anyone else to say what I do with it. I thought buying one to resell was better than loading up on ten or more, which I certainly could have afforded to do [granted with some small risk not knowing initially how the album would be received]. You're welcome? :cool:

My second Animals was mostly a spare to see what the market did after (knowing there was a strong chance it wouldn't resale for any more), and when the printing machine never stopped and prices stayed low I gave mine to a friend who didn't own any surround music as I thought it was a fair representation of the format and a quality recording/music.

You wouldn't have gotten 10 but how anyone spends their money or what music they like is for them to decide.
True, I think they limited it to one per order and I probably only have like 6 or 7 credit cards (infinite emails though). Depending on how they were tracking the orders, by account email or credit card used, would have been the potential hard limit.

Last edited:
Must be nice. I'm not poor and $20+ profit for mailing something is worth it for the 10 minutes it takes me total. It's a way of paying for my own copy, to put it another way. Same strategy I'm applying to the sport cards -- reselling/flipping an occasional card allows me to buy new ones I want to keep. In theory at least, sometimes I cheat and buy more than I've earned through that resale avenue alone. I'm imperfect. Being flawed is clearly why I try to break even on my collectibles purchases instead of just blinding tossing money at it.
Being nice or fortunate has nothing to do with it. I work 45 to 50 hours a week and have done so for 35+ years. That puts me in a position where I don't have to justify my purchases by getting some return on the back end.

Also 10 minutes to purchase, receive, re-post for sale, check listings, check emails. answer questions, confirm payment, drive to the post office, wait in line, transact, and drive home. That's a level of efficiency I'll never achieve. Hats off to you!

Hell, I've been trying to give away a SACD for months.

I'll be out fishing.

Back