Comments inspired by Tears For Fears - THE SEEDS OF LOVE [Blu-Ray Audio]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel like this album is divided between people who either only love Sowing the Seeds of Love, or only love every other song on the album except Sowing the Seeds of Love 😁. For the record, it's probably my least favourite song on the album, but I suppose it has its place.

Exactly this... and unfortunately, I'm in the former camp. :( I sorely wish individual 5.1 song downloads were a thing -- I'd immediately pay the $5 or whatever for Sowing The Seeds, as it's one of my favorite songs of the 80s. But, a $60 set... can't do it. Oh well.

(And it's strange, 'cause I *love* the Big Chair album.)

Exactly this... and unfortunately, I'm in the former camp. :( I sorely wish individual 5.1 song downloads were a thing -- I'd immediately pay the $5 or whatever for Sowing The Seeds, as it's one of my favorite songs of the 80s. But, a $60 set... can't do it. Oh well.

(And it's strange, 'cause I *love* the Big Chair album.)

Yeah, i have the last previous re-master of the stereo version of this that I got on a recommendation. I never got into it nearly as much as SFTBC. So, considering the price of the set, this is probably a no-buy for me as well. If they ever drop a standalone though, I may bite. Maybe the surround will change my mind. I'm glad for those here who like the material.

Well, after cancelling my order with MusicVaults (after waiting until Monday for it to ship..pre-ordered Aug 17) I ordered it from Amazon Canada the same Monday and received it yesterday.
I have given the 5.1 mix a quick listen. Uh...wow. I am slightly familiar with the album. I know the hits and have grown familiar with the other songs through recent YouTube listening.
As soon as "Women in Chains" started, and Roland's voice came in, it hit me right in the feels. Do you ever get an emotional stirring...a "body rush" from a piece of music? This song did it for me in spades. For me, the fidelity and Mr. Wilson's choice of mix is ...wonderful. I look forward to many repeat listenings.

Could it be a difference in producers, I thought I read they took over producing at some point and how it was recorded might have an impact on those vocals? But you'd think that would be adjusted for, in the new mix.

Honestly I think this is the risk with using a center channel at all in music mixes. There's a HUGE variance in center channel speakers, setups, settings, levels, everything. Personally, I think lead vocals should always be either only in the two main front speakers, or mixed at the same levels in left, center and right fronts.

and to deluxe releases from other bands such as Jethro Tull, Alan Parsons and King Crimson (where Robert Fripp always provides a much cheaper alternative to the mega box sets) I think this package comes up a bit short.
in general i agree with the fripp comment except for the $200+ In the Court of the Crimson King set that just came out as it is the only way to get the Steve Wilson Atmos mix.

in general i agree with the fripp comment except for the $200+ In the Court of the Crimson King set that just came out as it is the only way to get the Steve Wilson Atmos mix.
I guess it's a fair point about the atmos mix included only in the ITCOTCK mega box, but from all the info I can find, the atmos mix was newly completed in 2020, long after the cheaper 4 disk ITCOTCK set was released in October 2019. I know a lot of atmos/KC fans would like to have an option to purchase the new mix outside of a big box, but so far none have been announced. However, if Steven Wilson is to be believed, he is currently developing atmos mixes of just about all of his previous 5.1 mixes. Having heard the atmos mix of ITCOTCK, I can tell you it is fantastic, and is a noticeable improvement over his new 2019 5.1 mix. Although I've purchased all the KC mega boxes, if Fripp decides to release standalone atmos mixes of the KC back catalog, I would probably purchase them all...again. Sigh. :rolleyes:

I believe the 'static sounds' he's referring to actually come from a Dolby set-up CD. They are a combination of Pink and White noise samples along with some other interesting wide spectrum and phased sounds to help installers and engineers set-up physical sound systems. Great forum, my first post.
Welcome! I wonder if @Steven Wilson would read this? And if anybody can produce evidence?

This thread is getting a bit long so sorry if somebody has already pointed this out. In regard to Steve Wilson's referenced post on page 1:

I believe the 'static sounds' he's referring to actually come from a Dolby set-up CD. They are a combination of Pink and White noise samples along with some other interesting wide spectrum and phased sounds to help installers and engineers set-up physical sound systems. Great forum, my first post.

Hey @Mackspower , I often help Steven on his remixes, do you have more info about this "Dolby set-up CD"?

Has this been canceled or recalled? I had this on PREORDER with Deep Discount, and they cancelled it. I started looking around and found one on Amazon at a cheaper price. I ordered it, and now that's been canceled and the money refunded. I've looked around at all the usual places and NOBODY has it. There are some ridiculously priced ones on eBay. I've never seen anything sell out like this on preorders! Am I doomed to never own this?

Has this been canceled or recalled? I had this on PREORDER with Deep Discount, and they cancelled it. I started looking around and found one on Amazon at a cheaper price. I ordered it, and now that's been canceled and the money refunded. I've looked around at all the usual places and NOBODY has it. There are some ridiculously priced ones on eBay. I've never seen anything sell out like this on preorders! Am I doomed to never own this?
As the saying goes ‘SNOOZE YOU LOOSE”:)

Bull Moose has it in stock. $71.97 with free shipping. Also no sales tax (unless you live in Maine or New Hampshire.)

Back