Tears for Fears - "The Seeds of Love" (Steven Wilson 5.1 Remix out on October 9th!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my copy of this box set today from jpc in Germany. Great packaging. It arrived in perfect condition.
This was the 1st time I ordered from jpc.
So if others are contemplating should they order from jpc. The answer is yes!
Actually, it's been all positive. They had a good price, they actually took the time to look into my email inquiry about if the blu-ray disc was multi or single region (blu-ray is ABC regions, will play anywhere) & replied with a real answer & like I said earlier, also had great packaging..
I would highly recommend them😁...
Haven't played this yet but am looking forward to it.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the album was originally mixed with an analog or digital mixer?

I'm asking as the unreleased SW stereo remix could potentially be better quality than the original mix as it didn't go though a digital to analog to digital process.

Does anyone know if the album was originally mixed with an analog or digital mixer?

I'm asking as the unreleased SW stereo remix could potentially be better quality than the original mix as it didn't go though a digital to analog to digital process.
Do you actually hear issues with the original stereo mix? If not, then the extra conversions didn't matter.

STSOL I believe was Digital recorded and mixed originally. [DDD]

R-232483-1216564559.jpeg

True, I just have a memory of it being one of the early 'digitally recorded' albums - but time could have warped my braincells!
I do know the mixer used was a ssl 4072g+ vu which I believe is analogue?
It very well may have been recorded to digital tape, then mixed on an analogue console—like the SSL 4000G+, one of which I've had the pleasure of interacting with—and recaptured to digital stereo tape.

Mods: this worthwhile discussion should be moved out of this poll thread.

It very well may have been recorded to digital tape, then mixed on an analogue console—like the SSL 4000G+, one of which I've had the pleasure of interacting with—and recaptured to digital stereo tape.

Mods: this worthwhile discussion should be moved out of this poll thread.
Yeah I figured that would be the case.

Btw how was your experience using that console and would that process theoretically add a layer of analogue warmth to the mix?

Btw how was your experience using that console and would that process theoretically add a layer of analogue warmth to the mix?
I was only an assistant producer on a few albums recorded and mixed on it, hence why I say "interacted with" rather than "worked on." Basically, I set some pans and used the talkback. SSL consoles, especially the 4000 series, certainly do have a certain "sound" to them.

Back