Tears for Fears - "The Seeds of Love" (Steven Wilson 5.1 Remix out on October 9th!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered!

My only worry is that (like Fish Out of Water), there may be a stand-alone surround disc down the road. But then again, it may quickly become OOP and I’ll look back on this price and think “...if I had only...”

My thoughts exactly. Of course we haven't heard the additional schtuff in this boxset, but I bought it strictly for the Wilson 5.1 mix on the Blu disc.

I am really undecided if I'm going to order this set. I really want the 5.1 blu ray. The original stereo CD sounds so good, I'm sure Steve Wilson's mix will be outstanding. But it's a lot of money to pay for one album as I have no interest in all the other material. 🥃 🥃 :cautious:
You might be able to sell the set without the blu ray. That’s what others have done to significantly reduce their final cost. I should do it too, but I get mesmerized by the whole box set and always end up keeping it.

I am really undecided if I'm going to order this set. I really want the 5.1 blu ray. The original stereo CD sounds so good, I'm sure Steve Wilson's mix will be outstanding. But it's a lot of money to pay for one album as I have no interest in all the other material. 🥃 🥃 :cautious:

You can try to sell those box sets(without the surround disc)to members over at SHF

As much as I waited and wanted this I just cannot see myself spending that kind of money just to get one surround disc. If you think about it you can get the Dobbie brothers box set with 4 surround sound disks for less than what TFF cost. Very disappointed
That's understood, but in this day and age with most music is available online for FREE, how do you expect record company's to recoup or make any $$? Why don't you just buy it, them take the SURROUND disc out, sell the box without it? I'm sure someone will buy it and you can recoup some of the $$ you spent :)

That's understood, but in this day and age with most music is available online for FREE, how do you expect record company's to recoup or make any $$? Why don't you just buy it, them take the SURROUND disc out, sell the box without it? I'm sure someone will buy it and you can recoup some of the $$ you spent :)
If groups like YES, XTC, Steven Wilson or Alan Parsons can put out stand alone blurays with the original mix, remastered mix and 5.1 out on a single bluray at a reasonable price and those who want the deluxe version can purchase it etc Parsons or Wilson deluxe version can purchase those.. You want to purchase TFF no problem I think it is not a value for price pay for me and it really does saddens me

If groups like YES, XTC, Steven Wilson or Alan Parsons can put out stand alone blurays with the original mix, remastered mix and 5.1 out on a single bluray at a reasonable price and those who want the deluxe version can purchase it etc Parsons or Wilson deluxe version can purchase those.. You want to purchase TFF no problem I think it is not a value for price pay for me and it really does saddens me
Completely agree. If plenty of others can put out standalone releases and make money, then why can't they? I understand the problem for smaller /less popular bands/artists and their need to charge more.

Completely agree. If plenty of others can put out standalone releases and make money, then why can't they? I understand the problem for smaller /less popular bands/artists and their need to charge more.

The problem is with the label, not the band. As @rtbluray has stated several times on this thread, Universal hasn't done a standalone Blu-Ray release since 2016. This would imply that they aren't convinced of the profitability of that type of reissue, even though--as you say--other bands/labels seem to be finding success with it lately.

Ordered!

My only worry is that (like Fish Out of Water), there may be a stand-alone surround disc down the road. But then again, it may quickly become OOP and I’ll look back on this price and think “...if I had only...”
Universal have abandoned the HFPA format. I would not get my hopes up.
Completely agree. I'm a big fan of Barclay but I'm really sick of getting held-up to buy a bunch of stuff that is too crude to go out in a std release
I don't think there will be "crude stuff" on the box set, especially given the guys' perfectionism and that they even vetoed a previously issued track (Saxophones as Opiates) from inclusion in the first box set. Have you read Paul Sinclair's write-up? He also answered specifically to my question about the 30 minutes from 24 hours of jamming that they picked out the best bits.

Consider the 2CD and 4CD+2DVD of "Big Chair"... the box set had the much more desirable bonus material (all the rare 12" versions, BBC sessions, live recordings and work in progress versions), while the 2CD buyer only got a disc of mostly repetitive single edits.

I'm not the biggest box set buyer myself (although I do have a few) but this is the one I've waited for.

As much as I waited and wanted this I just cannot see myself spending that kind of money just to get one surround disc. If you think about it you can get the Dobbie brothers box set with 4 surround sound disks for less than what TFF cost. Very disappointed

That's what I am going to do with the Dobbie Brother's Box Set - sell it without the surround discs. Erm....... I guess that won't work out so well :unsure:;)

I'm not the biggest box set buyer myself (although I do have a few) but this is the one I've waited for.
I was so blown away by the surround mix on Big Chair that I have to get this. Fully expect it to be amazing. $56.81 on ImportCDs. The Quadio sets (Doobies and Chicago) are unusually good deals. I don't see this one as terribly priced.

You may want to re-think shipping anything from Illinois via USPS. Although the Governor needs $$, he's not the problem. It's the US Postmaster General. His boss has a vendetta against our Governor. Don't blame the postmen/postwomen. Their overtime was cut. Sorting machines removed in Palatine IL regional facility, (6) & Carol Stream, lL (3.)

Several months ago, I preordered J. Geils' SACD from Music Direct. They shipped it when it dropped. After four weeks, I called MD and they shipped a replacement immediately. Great customer service! After several weeks (six?), the original shipment showed up.

Four weeks ago tomorrow, I called MD and ordered Johnny Cash SACD. I had planned to pick it up, since I was headed into the city. After finding that they closed fror p/u at 4:30, I asked them to ship it. I have every reason to believe they shipped it the following Monday. They charged my card and sent me a shipping confirmation. I still haven't seen it. I live in the Northern 'burbs of Chicago. MD is on the far North side of the city, near Evanston. It's 30 some miles.

Rethink it!
As promised, my Barclay James Harvest shipped from ImportCDs on the 20th and is out for delivery. I will admit that is actually quicker than normal from them, but I wouldn't sweat ordering from them at this time.

I was not familiar with this album at all. Just gave the stereo a listen and preordered this box right away. What a great album that i've overlooked. It helps that Its at a decent price and it looks like if there is a standalone blu-ray at some point, that this box set will be easy to unload at a profit. Just trying to find the 'Songs from the Big Chair' box set or standalone BD has been a hassle.

Not the greatest deal for Canadians, but probably the fastest shipping since it's sold directly from Amazon...

https://www.amazon.ca/Seeds-Love-Su...s=seeds+of+love&qid=1598286166&s=music&sr=1-6
Comes out to $101 CAD with taxes (which, I guess is still only $76 USD, so less than Amazon.com) 😬

You can get it from MusicVaultz.ca and by signing up with them beforehand get a 15% discount (MUSICVAULTZ15)
With free shipping and taxes in it was just over $82 CDN

Back