Tears for Fears - "The Seeds of Love" (Steven Wilson 5.1 Remix out on October 9th!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DHL just showed up and delivered my Seeds of love box set!
My cat alerted me
So while my cat will be sowing seeds of love in his litter box I'll be sewing them this afternoon. :)

Ripping Question for this new release:
I am ripping Blu Ray via MKV.

Any advice on the 5.1 rip of the 3 choices, DTS-HD MA, DTS, LPCM?

Also the 2 stereo's, I want to rip them both, but is the the top one 2015 Andrew Walters or vice versa? MMH has the proper tagging, which is good news. In my experience just because one is on top does not mean it matches the on screen menu.
View attachment 58102
Shouldn't make a difference; unless you're ripping them as direct stream they are all going to be decoded and thus should sound the same when you rip them (as opposed to directly listening to them).

I just ripped the Blu-ray using MakeMKV and DVDAE on Mac. The only surround mixes available to rip were the lossy DTS layer and the lossless 24/48 LPCM layer. I opted for the lossless layer.

I also ripped the two stereo mixes/masterings, but have no way of differentiating between the two. Any idea how to distinguish which one is which?
That's pretty weird; have you made sure your version of DVD-AE is up to date? I had some issues where it would not properly rip DTS with an older version. Also, strange that it doesn't recognise all the available tracks. Perhaps MakeMKV didn't catch everything?

Both apps are up to date! Very strange. Here's a screenshot of what DVDAE sees after ripping with MakeMKV. As you can see, DTS or LPCM, but no DTS-HD MA.

By the way, I figured out which stereo master was which: the MUCH LOUDER one is the 2015 remaster!

Screen Shot 2020-10-18 at 8.45.57 PM.png

No surprises there. Folks at SH.tv have been complaining about the loud remaster. Good thing the original master is included on the Blu-ray!
The folks over there will find anything to moan about they do a lot of listening with their eyes rather than ears.

Both apps are up to date! Very strange. Here's a screenshot of what DVDAE sees after ripping with MakeMKV. As you can see, DTS or LPCM, but no DTS-HD MA.

By the way, I figured out which stereo master was which: the MUCH LOUDER one is the 2015 remaster!

View attachment 58183
Reading further, it seems like the album was only done in 48/24 for the 5.1, and 48/16 for the stereo (unless someone here can correct me, I've yet to receive my copy...). But otherwise, it looks like you've got all the layers there, no?

Reading further, it seems like the album was only done in 48/24 for the 5.1, and 48/16 for the stereo (unless someone here can correct me, I've yet to receive my copy...). But otherwise, it looks like you've got all the layers there, no?

Anyone know why not 96/24 ?

I'm in the same boat. I pre-ordered the Seeds of Love box from Amazon UK at the end of August and the Ultravox box in early September from Amazon US. Neither have shipped yet. I haven't even received any type of notice regading the shipping delay for the Seeds of Love box from Amazon UK, which seems odd, since the release date has come and passed, but I did get a message from Amazon US saying the Ultravox box would be delayed.

I'm happy to report that I received some Seeds in the mail today from the UK. I got a dispatch notice on 10/15 and it arrived today. (y)

Listening now to the 5.1 mix and digging it.

Seems you are correct - 16bit for the stereo content. I may not be understanding correctly but since the surround mix is 24bit, if there were a new stereo mix it would be available in 24bit as well.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 9.32.22 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 9.32.22 AM.png
    448.6 KB · Views: 173
All,

I placed my pre-order with Import CDs back on 9/16, but unfortunately I did not receive it (as of today), and when I checked on their website, it's listed as backordered :( .

I emailed them and the response was pretty standard in that they may or may not receive additional product within 45 days or if not the order will be cancelled :( :( . I was surprised as I have never had a problem with many an order I have placed with them previously.

Wondering what would be a better option at this point as I do really want to pick this up eventually and before it goes OOP and shows up on eBay at a significantly higher price.

Any other sources that aren't too bad price-wise?

I emailed them and the response was pretty standard in that they may or may not receive additional product within 45 days or if not the order will be cancelled :( :( . I was surprised as I have never had a problem with many an order I have placed with them previously.

I was in the same situation, pre-ordered from them on 9/27 but no movement. I decided to cancel and go with Amazon US for $69.

Thanks.

I just cancelled with ImportCDs and re-ordered from a seller on Amazon for a few extra dollars over what the ImportCDs price would have been.

All,

I placed my pre-order with Import CDs back on 9/16, but unfortunately I did not receive it (as of today), and when I checked on their website, it's listed as backordered :( .

Wondering what would be a better option at this point as I do really want to pick this up eventually and before it goes OOP and shows up on eBay at a significantly higher price.

Any other sources that aren't too bad price-wise?

Don't know how it is in the States, but in Amazon Canada has been flip-flopping their price all over the place since the release (as in, the price as officially sold and shipped by Amazon). Today I saw it at $80 CAD so cancelled my MusicVaultz order and jumped on it. I hate supporting Amazon but...

I never had to cancel from ImportCD. Can someone provide me some insight? I can't seem to find an automated way to cancel in my order history.

It's weird, apparently you have to do it through a customer service form. Scroll down to the bottom of the page, click "Contact Us", then select "Cancel Order Request" as the subject. I'm hoping it doesn't turn into a hassle getting them to issue the credit.

It's weird, apparently you have to do it through a customer service form. Scroll down to the bottom of the page, click "Contact Us", then select "Cancel Order Request" as the subject. I'm hoping it doesn't turn into a hassle getting them to issue the credit.

Thank you very much.
I hope your right but knowing my recent luck, I will end up getting two copies and a hassle returning one 🤪

Back