Tears for Fears - "The Seeds of Love" (Steven Wilson 5.1 Remix out on October 9th!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also cancelled my MusicVaultz order as no shipping date on the horizon and Amazon Mexico is selling it at the same price! Fortunately it's on its way home! :SB
Now I'm hunting the Gimme Some Truth Box Set (blu-ray version) as I purchased both boxes there.

It's weird, apparently you have to do it through a customer service form. Scroll down to the bottom of the page, click "Contact Us", then select "Cancel Order Request" as the subject. I'm hoping it doesn't turn into a hassle getting them to issue the credit.
Had to do the same. I thought this was strange, too....

Thank you for contacting ImportCDs!

Hello

We regret to inform that the item has been cancelled as we were not able to fulfill the item due to supply and demand.
Please note that you were not charged as the item never shipped.
Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,
SS – ImportCDs Customer Service Support
[email protected]
http://www.importcds.com

Seriously, WTF!! :(
...if not for my inquiry I guess I'd never know my order had been cancelled...I've spent a fair amount of coin on these guys to have orders blown off without any notification...Hello Bull Moose I suppose...

Last edited:
I finally received my copy last week (from an Amazon seller), and of course immediately listed to the 5.1 mix. Very good indeed upon a first listen.

But...not related to the above, I tried to listen to the other discs (not the 5.1 disc), and the two I tried to load into my Samsung UBD-K8500 Blu-ray player would not read at all and were spit back out with the "unreadable" message on my screen :( .

I put them in another, regular DVD player (a Denon in this case), and they read and played just fine.

Anyone else encounter reading issues for the non-5.1 CDs with this set?

I did check, and the player is updated with the latest software.

Listening to this now for the second time. Never owned or heard this before. What an excellent album and surround mix. Right up there with Songs from the Big Chair. So glad I preorder from Amazon and got it at a decent price.

Wow - after what seemed like an eternity - I received an email today from my MusicVaultz "Pre-Order" for Tears for Fears Seeds of Love BluRay box set ---- my order is finally being shipped. Very excited!

I had noticed the order was process a bit ago.. and was pleased to see that it finally shipped. Now, the wait is on for delivery as I am here in the USA.

Wow! Sounds great with Spatial Audio on Apple AirPods Pro
Ripped the Blu-ray using MakeMKV and DVDAE on my iMac to get the lossless 24/48 LPCM layer (5.1), including chapters for each song. I've been enjoying listening to the album on my home entertainment system through PLEX for a couple weeks now. My wife bought me the new Apple AirPods Pros for Christmas and I came across the "Spatial Audio" feature they offered for 5.1 and 7.1 video content and thought, I've got to try this out on this album. Must say, it doesn't disappoint.

Used Handbrake to convert the MKV file to M4V file with Audio Mixdown to 5.1 using AAC. Transferred M4V to iPhone using Apple TV app. Instead of "Music" app, I use the "Apple TV" app on my iPhone to play the 5.1 content. Obviously, it's a bit different than listening to the discrete material on a true 5.1 system, but it's certainly more lively and immersive than normal 2.0 stereo headphones.

Wow! Sounds great with Spatial Audio on Apple AirPods Pro
Ripped the Blu-ray using MakeMKV and DVDAE on my iMac to get the lossless 24/48 LPCM layer (5.1), including chapters for each song. I've been enjoying listening to the album on my home entertainment system through PLEX for a couple weeks now. My wife bought me the new Apple AirPods Pros for Christmas and I came across the "Spatial Audio" feature they offered for 5.1 and 7.1 video content and thought, I've got to try this out on this album. Must say, it doesn't disappoint.

Used Handbrake to convert the MKV file to M4V file with Audio Mixdown to 5.1 using AAC. Transferred M4V to iPhone using Apple TV app. Instead of "Music" app, I use the "Apple TV" app on my iPhone to play the 5.1 content. Obviously, it's a bit different than listening to the discrete material on a true 5.1 system, but it's certainly more lively and immersive than normal 2.0 stereo headphones.
Pretty sure spatial audio only works with Dolby Atmos content...

Pretty sure spatial audio only works with Dolby Atmos content...
Strilo - As mentioned, not truly "discrete" 5.1 audio, but I can confirm in addition to Dolby Atmos, Spatial Audio works with 5.1 and 7.1, as well. Will only play on iPhone 7 and above, and your phone has to be placed flat in front of you. The Spatial Audio uses the AirPods Pro's built-in accelerometers and gyroscopes to track the motion of your head while simultaneously tracking the position of your iPhone with their accelerometers and gyroscopes. Definitely a more interesting listen than traditional 2.0 stereo.

Apple's new AirPods Pro spatial audio feature is here, and it lives up to the hype

Back