Tears for Fears - "The Seeds of Love" (Steven Wilson 5.1 Remix out on October 9th!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anyone missed out on this release, I noticed that Acoustic Sounds, here in the US, is taking preorders for January 2021 release.

Link
Thanks for the heads up Perpendicular.
I just went there to order. $88.31 w/ shipping/tax.
Other prices out there were double.
Yes, I was pretty late to the party here.😢
For some reason, I had not really heard this lp before...
There was a lot of talk here about this but I sort of ignored it.
Then, last night I was watching a youtube video with Steven Wilson discussing his top 5 lps.
This was one of them.
So I had to check it out. I found 'The Seeds of Love' lp on youtube, wow! Great album. Can only imagine what it sounds like in surround sound...
Hope this one will still be available at a realistic price.
If anyone knows of a better price, I'd really appreciate a heads up.. Thanks all☺️

Last edited:
Since I ordered this a bit ago @ Acoustic Sounds, I found that Grooves, Inc. has this for $59.80.
But as you can see below, in their ad, it mentions DE version, region 2/B. (..Region B: Europe, Africa, Middle East, Australia, and New Zealand)

The Seeds Of Love (Ltd.Super Dlx.4CD+BR Audio) [DE-Version, Regio 2/B]
Tears For Fears
$59.80
Shipping: Free*

CD+Blu-Ray
Mercury
Release date: 09. Oct 2020

I'm in the USA so according to that, it wouldn't work. The Blu-ray content is audio (..with some 'minimal' visual effects from what I've read) . So isn't audio blu-ray playable in all regions/region free, regardless?
Does anyone know if there are different regions on this? I'm wondering what it says on copies members have here in the USA.
Discogs showed only one version. I also sent Grooves an email to see whats up.
Someone must know about if this would work.....?

• Region A: North America, South America, U.S. Territories, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, and other areas of Southeast Asia
  • Region B: Europe, Africa, Middle East, Australia, and New Zealand.
  • Region C: Asia (except for Japan, Korea, Taiwan, and other areas of Southeast Asia)
  • Region ABC : Classified as region-free as it applies to countries listed in Regions A, B, and C.
Only 4K Blu-ray discs are region free.

Over on SDE Paul Sinclair said that he believes "there are some more coming… although not sure how many". So for those without a copy, be patient and don't overpay!
I also didn't buy this when first released because it sold out very quickly. JPC.de now has it in stock and I ordered it today shipped for 50 Euro ($60). SDE has a preorder for £50 ($70) mid February. Not sure if they are back to shipping over to the US. Acoustic Sounds has it for preorder for shipping in February for $80 before shipping. Although this is an expensive package at retail price, it is already listed for double the JPC.de and SDE prices on Discogs. Triple or more on Amazon. So, I wouldn't wait to find it at under retail price - this set is selling well.

Yes, I have been informed that more copies of the Seeds of Love deluxe are on their way, February street date at Burning Shed, and for those elsewhere in the world, hopefully in their regions too. Keep your eyes peeled - I secured my copy with a super long wait from MusicVaultz.

I questioned here a few days ago regarding the region code on the Blu-ray disc. If it was Region free, ABC or separate A, B & C. No one definitively answered except for QQ member Perpendicular who had an indirect answer ( btw, thanks Perpendicular)
Well I directly contacted seller jpc.de in Germany about this.
Their answer, for anyone who may be interested. The Blu-Ray disc included with this superdeluxe boxset is Region ABC. So good news, don't be afraid to order out of your native country.

Here was their reply:

Hi Bob,

thanks for your mail.

It is regionalcode abc. So it is playable everywhere.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for further questions.

Best regards,
Katja Dust
Beraterin Kundenservice

So I canceled my Acoustic Sounds order & went with jpc.de
$88 vs. $59...
An actual savings of $28.33...........

Last edited:
I questioned here a few days ago regarding the region code on the Blu-ray disc. If it was Region free, ABC or separate A, B & C. No one definitively answered except for QQ member Perpendicular who had an indirect answer ( btw, thanks Perpendicular)
Well I directly contacted seller jpc.de in Germany about this.
Their answer, for anyone who may be interested. The Blu-Ray disc included with this superdeluxe boxset is Region ABC. So good news, don't be afraid to order out of your native country.

Here was their reply:

Hi Bob,

thanks for your mail.

It is regionalcode abc. So it is playable everywhere.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for further questions.

Best regards,
Katja Dust
Beraterin Kundenservice

So I canceled my Acoustic Sounds order & went with jpc.de
$88 vs. $59...
An actual savings of $28.33...........

Thank you, I just bought it. Just over $60 shipped to US.

Last edited:
Back