Tears for Fears - "The Seeds of Love" (Steven Wilson 5.1 Remix out on October 9th!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never heard this album other than the title track. Is it as good as Songs From The Big Chair ? (Actually if it is only 3/4 as good it would still be really good especially with SW having at it.)

Seeds of Love is my favorite TFF album. It's very different from Big Chair, but amazing nonetheless.

Seeds of Love is my favorite TFF album. It's very different from Big Chair, but amazing nonetheless.
Thanks. “Amazing” is a relative term. If you think it’s already amazing now, then it should be ginourmously amazingly incredible once Wilson is done with it.

I never heard this album other than the title track. Is it as good as Songs From The Big Chair ? (Actually if it is only 3/4 as good it would still be really good especially with SW having at it.)
My favourite as well. It's a lot more organic (instrument-wise) and "rock" than their previous albums, but it flows really well from start to finish and definitely has some of their best songs (better than SftBC in my opinion).

Thanks. “Amazing” is a relative term. If you think it’s already amazing now, then it should be ginourmously amazingly incredible once Wilson is done with it.

Indeed. Hearing SW work his magic on this one should be awesome. Interestingly enough, there was an interview with Steven a little while back where he talked about this. He said that unlike other projects he's done, for this he only did a 5.1 mix and opted not to create a new 2.0 mix. He said that the original is absolute perfection and could not be improved on.

Interestingly enough, there was an interview with Steven a little while back where he talked about this. He said that unlike other projects he's done, for this he only did a 5.1 mix and opted not to create a new 2.0 mix. He said that the original is absolute perfection and could not be improved on.

As I understand it, Steven's remixing technique is to basically recreate the original stereo mix, then expand it to 5.1 using the same session file (so the 5.1 will have the exact same fader and EQ moves as the 2.0). So a new 2.0 mix definitely exists - he merely chose not to submit it to the label. Marillion's Misplaced Childhood didn't include a 2-channel remix either.

Somebody made a comment over on SDE that a listing for Seeds of Love (in multiple formats, including a box set) briefly appeared on Amazon UK before getting pulled. It specified a September 4th release date. Could it finally be happening??? This thread was started five years ago. We've waited long enough!!!

:51QQ

Vinyl: TBC [VINYL]: Amazon.co.uk: Music
Double CD: TBC by TBC: Amazon.co.uk: Music
Single CD: TBC by TBC: Amazon.co.uk: Music

Haven't found any kind of box set listing yet, but these listings are what gives me great hope.

:)

Back