Tears for Fears Tipping Point Blu Ray audio

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just ordered this title since I have the other 2 tears for fears blurays. Is this a better deal than the first edition?

Was having knee surgery the first time it went on sale and missed out.

Wednesday I was on my first business trip since Covid and saw the message come across my phone (did not see the two weeks window) and excused myself from the meeting room so I could immediately order it! Just glad that I could make the transaction happen via the phone interface, you never know.

I was not going to miss it!

Preordered via SDE. To those who may be so inclined, there was an offer of a $20 credit for signing up for a PayPal card. We'll see how that works out. Regardless, I was looking at those resale sites (well, one of them) and couldn't pull the trigger. Buying direct from SDE was a no-brainer. "Second Pressing"? Psshhh. It's a first pressing for me. So looking forward to this one!

I still find it unfortunate that no 2ch Wilson remaster was included on either release. The fact is one of the most serious destruction of dynamic range (DR5) occured on the recent stereo Tipping Point release and no options exist for the 2ch crowd. :(
On the bright side, the 5.1 downmix is quite close to the stereo mix and sounds better.
I'm happy that I can finally get this and I hope this edition is 3 or 4 thousand strong.
It'll be very curious to see how high the print run number will be once the preorder windows closes tomorrow...

On the bright side, the 5.1 downmix is quite close to the stereo mix and sounds better.

It'll be very curious to see how high the print run number will be once the preorder windows closes tomorrow...

Was Paul S. going to announce how many people ordered this 2nd edition?
I am very curious as well and hope it's a big number as would be good for news for everyone involved.

I don't know if this will actually go through or not, but I just went on the SDE website and tried to order one of these and my order apparently went through. Maybe some canceled their orders and I got lucky? System glitch? I guess I'll find out......

Back