Tears for Fears Tipping Point Blu Ray audio

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a strange problem with playing the first edition on an older Denon unit. When I put it in, the display says 'bdmv' and then it ejects the disk!
My Oppo plays it fine.

I have a strange problem with playing the first edition on an older Denon unit. When I put it in, the display says 'bdmv' and then it ejects the disk!
My Oppo plays it fine.
[/QUOTE
It almost certainly needs updated, I had a couple of normal blu rays that wouldn’t play until I updated the player, with atmos being a relatively new codec I guess an old player wont recognise it

I have 4 Oppos. All will play Atmos, however, none will play the Atmos codec on the TFF disc. There are no new updates for any of the Oppo players.

I have 4 Oppos. All will play Atmos, however, none will play the Atmos codec on the TFF disc. There are no new updates for any of the Oppo players.
So what exactly happens when you select the discs 'Dolby Atmos' audio option?
Tipping Point b.jpeg

My Oppo plays it fine.
Which Denon? I have a Denon DBT3313UD and no problems.

I hasve the first edition and found this disc to be poorly authored. I initially had the same issue and later noticed that I was focused on the "sound icon" moving to make the selection, rather than the extremely light and barely visible text shadow. I let Paul at SDE know about this problem. Likewise, I couldn't access the various codecs using the players Audio Select button. So, now I literally "count" my up and down clicks to access the program and audio format I desire.
Mediaversal:
Thank you SO MUCH for replying to my email with what you found too!
So evidently, the First Edition was poorly authored also. I tried the "counting down or up" as you suggested and was FINALLY able to get the Atmos codec selected. I checked again very close, but see no highlighting of either codec.
Still haven't heard back from SDE., so I sent them another email with quoting your findings.

So evidently, the First Edition was poorly authored also. I tried the "counting down or up" as you suggested and was FINALLY able to get the Atmos codec selected. I checked again very close, but see no highlighting of either codec.
Still haven't heard back from SDE., so I sent them another email with quoting your findings.
Hmmmm....

You originally stated "I have 4 Oppos. All will play Atmos, however, none will play the Atmos codec on the TFF disc." Sadly, at no point did you state that your OPPO players were unable to navigate to the 'Dolby Atmos' option of the disc. (and yes I only read this one post). Sadly, you also you did you state which models of OPPO players you have along with their firmware versions!

So, for anyone who's interested... I'm happy to confirm that both my OPPO BDP-103EU (running firmware version: 10XEU-83-1226) and my OPPO UDP-203 (running firmware version: 20XEU-65-0131) have no problems accessing the discs Dolby Atmos option whether it be via the discs 'Main Menu' -> 'Audio Setup' option or its 'Album' option...

That being said, it would be interesting to know, which Blu-ray players running which firmware versions are having problems accessing this particular discs menu options. As such detailed information is most important to anyone who professionally authors Blu-ray (or DVD) discs.

Cheers

Interesting tid-bit: I received my copy of 'Hormonally Yours' today and included with it was a nice cardboard jacket for the 'Tipping Point' (which I had purchased in round 2 some months ago).
Thumbs up to SDE for this nice touch and for connecting the dots on a previous order. I feel like they care about me. :)
They said they'd do it for upcoming purchases,
However turns out only for hormonally yours in the end, not the eno which i bought. So i feel less cared about than you. :(

Interesting tid-bit: I received my copy of 'Hormonally Yours' today and included with it was a nice cardboard jacket for the 'Tipping Point' (which I had purchased in round 2 some months ago).
Thumbs up to SDE for this nice touch and for connecting the dots on a previous order. I feel like they care about me. :)
I had the exact same experience from SDE! Unexpected but welcomed. Happy customer!!!!

How did your original TIpping Point Order arrive? I received mine in a BluRay case. I'm just curious as to why they would send a cardboard jacket for it. 🤷

The slipcase for the TFF release is available for "purchase" at the SDE webstore, it's free, you only pay shipping ... I added one on along with my Brian Eno purchase.

How did your original TIpping Point Order arrive? I received mine in a BluRay case. I'm just curious as to why they would send a cardboard jacket for it. 🤷
From what I can gather/remember, SDE decided to add Slip Cases for the Gilbert O'Sullivan BDA as he wanted to sign the albums. They then decided to also print ones for the previous titles. You should get slip cases for the ones already bought either with the discs (if they are ready, the xPropaganda ones aren't yet) or when you next order. I think Paul also posted they were looking at ways to add them to the order options for those with the discs already.

Yes, in a blu-ray case, no hype sticker. The jacket adds a nice finish to the package, happy to have it.
I think SDEs' original plan for round 2 purchases was to add a hype sticker that showed it was a second issue.

Back