Tears for Fears Tipping Point Blu Ray audio

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know if this will actually go through or not, but I just went on the SDE website and tried to order one of these and my order apparently went through. Maybe some canceled their orders and I got lucky? System glitch? I guess I'll find out......

Just got a notice that it shipped! If you missed out, maybe they have a few copies left.

Received my copy a couple of weeks ago and have listened several times. I am not well set up for Dolby Atmos - I do have the upward firing speakers but I don’t think those represent the Atmos experience that well. Have been listening primarily to the DTS HD Master mix and it’s very good. I like the songs a lot too and they get better with each listen. I am not an invested TFF fan so don’t have a stake in any particular style from one album to the next but this mix doesn’t seem to be quite as cinematic as their previous surround mixes. Will write up a review once I have the time and inclination but overall this is a very good album from a sound, mix and song quality perspective.

The mix on this is outstanding. I am trying to get more into the songs themselves. I think this will be a slow grower with me. Personally I much prefer the songs and overall vibe on The Seeds of Love.
That’s how I’ve felt about “Tipping” , the songs just haven’t grabbed me and I’ve listened to it about 7 or 8 times.

That’s how I’ve felt about “Tipping” , the songs just haven’t grabbed me and I’ve listened to it about 7 or 8 times.
TSoL's vibes are extremely distant, another place, another time and Rolly and Curt were trying to stake their ground as composers and (OVER)Producing, they stated that clearly many times...
Fast Forward to ELaHE which is a "getting back together again" and quite "sunny vibe" cause they got their Mojo back...
And then, imagine if your wife , whom you have been basically together from the salad days and lived with through thick and thin, DIES (and you can see her slowly dying right in front of you!)...now, WHAT kind of album would you put out and how would it sound? well, like TTPoint...I basically CRY every time I hear "Please be happy"...one of the reasons I do not listen to this very often...
But curiously, both SoL and TTP have something in common, which is that both albums were results of sessions and basically whole albums that were abandoned/ redone completely, one of the reasons "Fiona Apple's "Extraordinary Machine" is a breathtaking album, any recording artist knows that when you REDO your songs from the ground up, the latter version will almost always (99.9%) be superior....

Received my copy last week. Tried to play it last night and found several defects! First I found I can't select Dolby Atmos on the Audio Set up page, nothing highlights and I can't even use the up and down arrows. So I tried to select it with the player's "audio" button and got a message "operation blocked by disc". I tried to select the DTS option and the same thing, no use of up/down buttons. So I got out of the Audio Set Up level (went back one level), tried all of the above again, and still can't select anything. Went up one level again, and by accident hit the enter button, and it started playing in DTS 5.1. No matter what I tried, couldn't get the Dolby Atmos to play. I have three other blue ray players, and tried to play the disc, but the same thing happened with all three, so obviously a disc problem.
No one else has had this problem ?? !! ??
Any ideas?

So while I'm awaiting the reply, has anyone here not been able to select and play the Atmos mix on the Second Edition?

Received my copy last week. Tried to play it last night and found several defects! First I found I can't select Dolby Atmos on the Audio Set up page, nothing highlights and I can't even use the up and down arrows. So I tried to select it with the player's "audio" button and got a message "operation blocked by disc". I tried to select the DTS option and the same thing, no use of up/down buttons. So I got out of the Audio Set Up level (went back one level), tried all of the above again, and still can't select anything. Went up one level again, and by accident hit the enter button, and it started playing in DTS 5.1. No matter what I tried, couldn't get the Dolby Atmos to play. I have three other blue ray players, and tried to play the disc, but the same thing happened with all three, so obviously a disc problem.
No one else has had this problem ?? !! ??
Any ideas?
Is it possible you need to update your blu ray players? Sometimes they need an update to play the latest disc codecs

Received my copy last week. Tried to play it last night and found several defects! First I found I can't select Dolby Atmos
I hasve the first edition and found this disc to be poorly authored. I initially had the same issue and later noticed that I was focused on the "sound icon" moving to make the selection, rather than the extremely light and barely visible text shadow. I let Paul at SDE know about this problem. Likewise, I couldn't access the various codecs using the players Audio Select button. So, now I literally "count" my up and down clicks to access the program and audio format I desire.

Back