Technics Quad Reel to Reel Tape Deck

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tag

I am looking for a Technics Model Number
(RS-745U) 4-Channel Quad Reel to Reel tape Deck. It was made from 1973 through 1976. It has 3 motor Operation with Feather Touch Controls with 7” Reel’s that is mounted in a Wooden Cabinet. Does anyone have one for Sale? I would do some trading also!! I have a Mint 100% Technics Model RS-676US with the Factory Wired Remote Control with Original RCA Cords. I also have a Technics Model SA-8500X Quad Reciever that needs a little work on it. The Outside is 100% Mint not a scratch anywhere & the Wooden Case is mint.
Can someone help me out to find the Reel to Reel tape Deck?

Ronald

This is a VERY rare beast. I don't think I have ever seen one in person, or for sale. You might have to check the used equipment selling in Japan as I think most of them were sold over there.

I found a picture of one which just confirms that I have never seen one:

rs-745u.JPG

There is a Technics RS-741US Reel to Reel Tape Deck with OEM Manual. But it is in Brazil, South America. It was released everywhere but the US!!
But I can’t seem to Contact Him because it is Only in Spanish Launguage. It is on a Place Similar like EBay. NO locally can help me out on it. It is 100% Mint Condition. The Web Site is (Mercadolibre) my IPhone will not Translate Spanish into English. AT & T said there phone can’t Translate it into English at all. The Library locally don’t know how to do it either!! So got any ideas on how to do the Purchase? When NO one knows the Launguage?

There is a Technics RS-741US Reel to Reel Tape Deck with OEM Manual. But it is in Brazil, South America. It was released everywhere but the US!!
But I can’t seem to Contact Him because it is Only in Spanish Launguage. It is on a Place Similar like EBay. NO locally can help me out on it. It is 100% Mint Condition. The Web Site is (Mercadolibre) my IPhone will not Translate Spanish into English. AT & T said there phone can’t Translate it into English at all. The Library locally don’t know how to do it either!! So got any ideas on how to do the Purchase? When NO one knows the Launguage?

I expect that the translator doesn't work because they don't speak Spanish in Brazil, they speak Portuguese.

Good luck on your hunt Ronald; just love the looks of a great piece of gear (besides the functionality.) I only have a lowly TEAC A-2340, that I used in the 80's for recording local bands etc. I seldom use it anymore, but will never sell because it warms my heart from the associated memories and looks cool sitting there.

If you don't mind, what sort of things do you use your Reel to Reel decks for?

Will they be able to pull up my Shipping Address from my Debt Mastercard? I can’t seem to figure out how to Translate Portagrese from Brazil. My Iphone 6S does list that Launguage.

Ronald

I just got finished with my Technics RS/715US that was not used more than 10 times. I’m waiting for the Wired Remote & Technics Take Up Reel to come from Europe. Who can make (3) Wooden Pannel’s for my Reel to Reel? The Rest is 100% Mint. Mine are Particle Board’s with Chip’s out of them. This is one heavy unit feel’s like 70 Pound’s it is made Good Solid Stainless Steel Front. So who could I find to make me new boards? It’s a cabinet that the Reel to Reel slides into it.

Hey Ronald, do you have Google CHrome installed? They do a decent translation automatically. There is also a Google translation app in Android but not aware of an Apple version. Otherwise, just manually go with your current browser to translate and copy/paste what you need. I am not sure if Brazillian Portuguese is the same as from Portugal, you may be able to select the regional dialect too.

Back