Ten Years After "A Space In Time" (limited-run SDE Blu-Ray with Dolby Atmos, 5.1, and Quad shipping 3/17)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did Paul even limit how many copies one buyer could purchase? I expressed a real concern about that when he introduced these limited run series. I much prefer the time limited purchase window of two weeks, which then sets the number of discs that are printed. IMO that is a truly market driven way to sell these limited releases versus a super limited run that has caused a lot of disappointment among immersive listeners, and created a scalping market too.
I recall seeing one of Paul's posts (on QQ as well) saying that they watch for multiple purchases, so he does try and stop it. I would suspect that how many copies or whether there is a time limit is solely down to the Record Company who own the rights to the album.

Last edited:
oh man, I'm bummed out. It looks like my order was never processed and now it is sold out! I'm not sure what happened I clicked through to paypal like I usually do, but I never checked to see if I got a confirming email!
SDE replied to me that if someone cancels (it happens, evidently) I'll be next in line for a copy!!

That's not the rationale of the website. Paul's made it clear that it's about physical media, i.e. "Holding the Music in Your Hands" (as their motto goes), not streaming, or downloads.
Not to mention it's hard enough as it is to get the licensing on these to do a non-competing physical product. It's probably infinitely harder to get download licensing. And streaming? SDE would only have to compete with Apple...

I missed out on this one, but that's on me, not SDE. I'm sure if SDE thought they could sell 2,000 or 5,000 or 100,000 copies AND could get the licensing to do that AND could afford the upfront costs (and the potential downside risks) of doing so...they would.

I'm glad SDE is still in there fighting, but I honestly don't know how they put up with the gripes and complaints.

Not to mention it's hard enough as it is to get the licensing on these to do a non-competing physical product. It's probably infinitely harder to get download licensing. And streaming? SDE would only have to compete with Apple...

I missed out on this one, but that's on me, not SDE. I'm sure if SDE thought they could sell 2,000 or 5,000 or 100,000 copies AND could get the licensing to do that AND could afford the upfront costs (and the potential downside risks) of doing so...they would.

I'm glad SDE is still in there fighting, but I honestly don't know how they put up with the gripes and complaints.
I actually doubt it’s up to Paul/SDE - I am guessing that they are at the mercy of each label and/or band - but agree that he is to be applauded for fighting the good fight on our behalf!

I actually doubt it’s up to Paul/SDE - I am guessing that they are at the mercy of each label and/or band - but agree that he is to be applauded for fighting the good fight on our behalf!
Of course the licenser (which can involve multiple parties and gatekeepers) holds most of the cards, but SDE obviously has some say in whether they are ultimately agreeable to the terms. It takes two to tango.

If someone wants to buy a once used copy, pm me, I would be happy to let this one go…

Unlike some bands, three of the original 4 are still alive.
Alvin Lee deceased due to operation problems.
I wonder if surviving members have a say in all there great early stuff?
1. Are original tapes still available?
2. Would they see this sell out of 1000 as a hey, let's sell some others?
I am sure many die hard TYA fans would agree this release although it had there big radio hit is not there best album.
More TYA in surround, would be a God Send.

Unlike some bands, three of the original 4 are still alive.
Alvin Lee deceased due to operation problems.
I wonder if surviving members have a say in all there great early stuff?
1. Are original tapes still available?
2. Would they see this sell out of 1000 as a hey, let's sell some others?
I am sure many die hard TYA fans would agree this release although it had there big radio hit is not there best album.
More TYA in surround, would be a God Send.
Leo Lyons it’s fairly active on Facebook with wonderful little videos about his time in TYA and behind, a very cool and humble chap who now fronts his own band 10070split

Ten Years After Recorded Live is one of my top live albums. It has a killer version of track 1 "one of these days".

I like it more than the album version on A Space In Time.

I guess that could be a candidate for surround, but I think studio albums are more surround-friendly? Or creative. Are there any live surround albums that aren't just mixed like you're sitting in the audience?

I realised earlier today that I've never received a confirmation email for my order. However, the order was successfully paid through Paypal, so it should be okay. As far as I know, members here have only received an email in case the order was unsuccessful?

Back