Ten Years After "A Space In Time" (limited-run SDE Blu-Ray with Dolby Atmos, 5.1, and Quad shipping 3/17)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes J-Pup, in Carson CA waiting for customs.
Below is my post #450 from earlier today.

I have been staying off this thread cuz I am just too excited, I am going to love all, 4.0, 5.1 and Atmos no matter what, a critical audiophile I will not be.
I am watching you complain about your order is stuck somewhere, so I thought lets see what all this is about. I went into my tracking and see that mine has been in Carson CA, south of Los Angeles, for a few days and on the way to customs, for another few days.
I figured it out, @PaulatSDE there is not enough titles released and US Customs can take there time with this random low release. Lesson learned, next Ten Years After Atmos release, at least 4000 will be needed to get THE FLOW through US Customs to go smoothly.

Looks like I just missed this one?

Is it fully sold out?

I can't find it available for purchase.
You missed the initial sale window, and then a few weeks later you missed it going back on sale briefly before shipping because presumably some people cancelled or didn't pay.

Looks like I just missed this one?

Is it fully sold out?

I can't find it available for purchase.
You missed the initial sale window, and then a few weeks later you missed it going back on sale briefly before shipping because presumably some people cancelled or didn't pay.
There's still eBay or Discogs if one doesn't mind paying a lot more for it.

There's still eBay or Discogs if one doesn't mind paying a lot more for it.
Thanks, I found one on Discogs and eBay but yeah, quite expensive. I'll have to give it a more thorough listen before I take the plunge.
Counter productive for future titles because it will confirm to the arseholes that resell this stuff that there is a market for ripping people off.
I think the companies distributing this stuff are to blame too. Is there really any reason why this stuff couldn't be print on demand and ship in a simple digipak sleeve?

Anyone with an extra or dissatisfied with the 5.1 and has the DVD of the quad mix please let me know.

Thanks!

Lesson learned, next Ten Years After Atmos release, at least 4000 will be needed to get THE FLOW through US Customs to go smoothly.

And that's another great reason to give Chris Kimsey a shout out
of thankyou's ..😘
He is the engineer for other Ten Years After albums.

I'm hoping he's impressed enough to take on their Catalogue for further surround titles !!!🤞

That’s the problem with these limited SDE releases, wait until reviews to decide on purchase means you can’t order it.
Definitely true. On the positive side, you can resell them and get at least your paying price back ;)
Personally, I would have preferred a combined package with the two CDs and the Blu-ray at around $25-35.
I said the same thing about The Tipping Point... labels definitely seem to find surround discs easier to justify when they're bundled in with at least one CD.

Finally, I am so excited, TYA arrives today. I am going to hold it and look at it, than stereo>4.0>5.1>Atmos, I am going to kiss it.
I have had opportunity to listen but I have held back, just need my own experience with my favorite band of all time, there are better albums than A Space In Time, but I am stoked.

My love has finally made it home, I held it and kissed it, ah true love.
Going to do this right.
Listening now to the 1971 24 bit Flat Transfer Stereo. The intro to One of these Days is the longest I have ever heard, well at first you can't even here. This Blu ray stereo is sonic bliss, best I have ever heard.
This is how I am supposed to be , utter excitement of something that I picked up at the record store many years ago.
I have a lot to listen to, gonna read Chris Kimsey liner notes now.

IMG_3591.jpg

4.0 very good, I had an "OH OH" moment when Track 2 "Here They Come", Alvin's vocals are a strong rear left and a light front left. But that was just the one song, all the rest where either phantom center or left front.
Just finishing the 5.1, I totally disagree with others that say the 4.0 is better than the 5.1. The 5.1 is WAYYYYYY better.
We have sun in CA after 3 months of rain, and the front and rear yards are a shambles, wife wants me to get to work, will feel good to be out in the sun.
One more to go, ATMOS, can't wait.

Back