Ten Years After "A Space In Time" (limited-run SDE Blu-Ray with Dolby Atmos, 5.1, and Quad shipping 3/17)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It didn't show up, Jeff. I mean, these titles coming from UK are such a challenge. I think it will be tomorrow.
We get the same in reverse, I would rather order stuff from Australia or Hong Kong as they're far more reliable than getting stuff from the US to the UK. Ordering from Japan is the best, apart from orders within the UK.

As a matter of fact, when this BR was announced I ordered the TYA 1967-1974 box RBCDs for under $36 (9 albums and 10th bonus disc).
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B092PJ5YV3?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
I've ripped them to one monster file and have been listening to them on random for a while each day. I have to say I like what I've heard and it's definitely growing on me. There are so many bands I never got around to checking out back in the day because of limited funds and limited time.
I like the "Ssssh" album on headphones or sit right between the speakers - and pay attention), it's a mind blower - they knew the audience they were aiming for. Listen to that one and notice the separation and headphone fun!

Got mine as well. Looking forward to listening
Love the overall Atmos mix of Ten Years After, A Space in Time. Experienced something unusual in that track #1 of the disc (One of These Days) has a delayed start of 15-20 seconds. There’s nothing but silence before the song fades in. Checked both the Atmos and original Quad mix, does it on both. Anyone else experience this? Playing on Oppo 103.

Love the overall Atmos mix of Ten Years After, A Space in Time. Experienced something unusual in that track #1 of the disc (One of These Days) has a delayed start of 15-20 seconds. There’s nothing but silence before the song fades in. Checked both the Atmos and original Quad mix, does it on both. Anyone else experience this? Playing on Oppo 103.
My extracted files turned out that way as well. I haven't looked in an editor to see if there's actually super low level audio there or not.

The Apple Music ATMOS album has the same 20 second or so silence at the start.

Just don't assume there is a problem with playback .. cranking it up....then, oopsy daisy. All good. Love it!:p

That scared me! I thought something was wrong with my disk. I waited and waited .....nothing! Then I went to another random track and it played immediately. Then I noticed track 2 had a bit of a delay, so I tried track 1 again and left it sit for what seemed like an eternity (too excited I guess). Finally started to play and I left out a sigh of relief! Playing on Sony UBP-X800M2. Looks like that's the way it's supposed to play.

Yes! I did!

Here's what the first song looks like from the DVD; it gradually increases volume from about the 3.5 sec. point. The new one might just be a slightly longer on-ramp to the guitar's nice slap back echo effect. I got my SDE in, but still need to rip it and check it out.

One of these days lead in.jpg

Last edited:
What was the original price to order this from SDE (including shipping & tax) for US residents?

As a matter of fact, when this BR was announced I ordered the TYA 1967-1974 box RBCDs for under $36 (9 albums and 10th bonus disc).
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B092PJ5YV3?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
I've ripped them to one monster file and have been listening to them on random for a while each day. I have to say I like what I've heard and it's definitely growing on me. There are so many bands I never got around to checking out back in the day because of limited funds and limited time.

Yep that's the lot , although the TYA Recorded Live is also a must have.
It was also a Columbia/Chrysalis double album back in the day.

I'm hoping this TYA Bluray can spur some further interest by Chris Kimsey and Chrysalis to release a few more in surround. I had a small box set some years back of 3 cds , that kinda lacked a boost in quality.
Always was partial to the album "Watt" in particular. But any of the early albums that were on London Records/Decca back in the day would be sublime in surround.

The long delay in the intro to One of These Days is present on the original 1971 mix and also on the Audio Fidelity CD from a few years back (although it is about 5 (?) seconds shorter).

Back