• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Ten Years After Dvd

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a DVD / LP combo listed at Discogs right now for $42.00 I believe.

https://www.discogs.com/sell/item/2428014653
But it is $13 shipping from Europe.

Be there or be square!!!
I saw that one also. Since SDE's recent future release of this on blu-ray, there'll be more these appearing.
Just a small correction, it is shipping from USA not Europe. Pretty high shipping costs if you ask me.

Last edited:
I saw that one also. Since SDE's recent future release of this on blu-ray, there'll be more this these appearing.
Just a small correction, it is shipping from USA not Europe. Pretty high shipping costs if you ask me.
I originally saw the listing and saw US, and then went back and saw shipping cost and Europe light went off in brain. Seller is likely basing this on Priority Mail (maybe).

So here's how I handle that issue. I send message to seller asking for Media Rate for $5.80 ($4.40 Media rate shipping + $1.40 mailer). Then offer to make the purchase, and then let them change shipping to the $5.80 before you make the payment. If they are nice normal people they will agree and respond quickly.

Reads pretty hyped up for what's probably AC3. Could be good, though. But I'll stick with my old Quad transfer.
The DVD has DTS 96/24 and AC3 options, like the Jethro Tull releases. Sonically it’s a touch bright for my tastes, but overall better than any conversion from an analog source (SQ LP, Q8, etc) I’ve heard. It’ll be interesting to see if the quad on the upcoming SDE Blu-Ray ends up being an improvement.

I felt the DVD was exceptional considering a DTS encode. But then I’m seeing claims that 24/96 DTS is the lossless variety of a proper transfer. Or some flavor of DTS is lossless. MA or HD DTS, I can’t keep up anymore.

But anyway I did not notice the DVD being bright - but then my ears must be aging by now.

I would not settle for an old conversion for this important quad mixed album.

DVD or BluRay only for this one, and both or these issues are limited run discs.

Last edited:
Back