• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Terrible Tornado Shreds Nashville

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

aludra

QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
Every day of life is a gift.....The building where my Recording Studio used to be for 40 years was completely destroyed in Germantown (downtown)...Many of my old neighbors don't have homes anymore and friends of mine in East Nashville have lost everything...It is amazing in a few seconds of time everything can change...Say a prayer for us in Music City....we need it

Mike

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Yeah, I mentioned Ryan & Tim in another thread...but I see you are also from Nashville and I'm sure other members are too! CNN is saying death toll is pushing 20. :(

I wish you all the best, and I'm sure sorry for any losses.
@timbre4 and I checked in with each other, and we are perfectly alright.
The storm was pretty much all above where we are, so we are very lucky and fortunate.

:)

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Since 2002/2003
Every day of life is a gift.....The building where my Recording Studio used to be for 40 years was completely destroyed in Germantown (downtown)...Many of my old neighbors don't have homes anymore and friends of mine in East Nashville have lost everything...It is amazing in a few seconds of time everything can change...Say a prayer for us in Music City....we need it

Mike
Holy Crap! Is it where your studio used to be before you moved, or the studio where you used to be before the hurricane? Yikes.
I don't think of Nashville as a Tornado Alley type of place like OK, KS or Nebraska.

Glad you guys (You, Tim, Ryan, and everyone else) are alright.

aludra

QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
Thanks Jon and everyone else for your kind thoughts....I spent most of the day helping friends board up windows/doors...The building where i used to house my studio was crushed....I spent a lot of my life there making music...My new facility is fine.......Again I have my life and health and I sure appreciate this community here...You are all my friends :)
Warmest Regards,
MIke

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Since 2002/2003
Mike,

I saw some video and pictures of the destruction. I am stunned and can imagine what you must have felt seeing it in person, and seeing it as someone intimately familiar with the place. Chilling I am sure.

The pictures remind me of WW2 stuff I've seen. Amazing that a storm can do so much damage. For those who haven't seen these pictures, check them out if you can. Totally shocking.

Again, very glad you are OK and able to check in with us.

beerking

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I have looked at the pictures Jon.
My god that is utter devastation.
Talk about a complete nightmare.
Too many lives lost and how frightening that must have been for the folk of Nashville.
My heart goes out to you all and I hope, through time, that people can rebuild their lives from this disaster.
:(:(:(:(:(:(

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
So sorry for all in the path of that destruction. What is so surprising is that there was no weather guys/gals talking about it for a couple of days before it happened. Best wishes for the recovery.

Sal1950

QQ Supporter
So sorry for all in the path of that destruction. What is so surprising is that there was no weather guys/gals talking about it for a couple of days before it happened. Best wishes for the recovery.
Unlike hurricanes, tornado's can pop up in a matter of minutes and disappear just as fast.
Extremely difficult to predict.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Ah yes. I know. But lately the weather people seem to announce the possibilities hours/days in advance. It is so sad that this one got by them.

HDave

500 Club - QQ All-Star
This area is called the Dixie Alley and has had an increase in tornadic weather while the traditional tornado alley of Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas and Missouri are decreasing. My friend lives east of Nashville and was in Arizona while this weather system hit. Along with flooding our southern American family has been suffering this winter. We can help via Red Cross or other organizations.