The 20th Anniversary Edition of Ayreon - 'Into The Electric Castle' including a 5.1 DD DVD-V out for pre-order

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

and till Dec.18th they have a 20% off sale at least for NA.

The Mascot Holiday Sale kicked off last week with 20% discount on almost the entire shop. Load up on your favorite CDs, LPs, DVDs and Blu-rays!

Use the code 'HOLIDAY2019' on the checkout page to apply the discount.

Pre-orders available for various configurations of the gig now, blu-ray with 5.1 sound included:
1580395193196.png

https://smarturl.it/Ayreon-MLG

Received my copy today, Jan - and it's excellent!!

I'm sure you put the idea in Arjen's head about releasing this album in surround - when you earlier e-mailed him about it!!

I mailed Arjen again asking if we would see a 20th anniversary edition (surround ofcourse) of Universal Migrator Part 1 - The Dream Sequencer en/of Universal Migrator Part 2 - Flight of the Migrator, his answer: "I'd love to but it also depends on record companies and other releases, but it will happen eventually, I promise!" so there is hope :rocks

I mailed Arjen again asking if we would see a 20th anniversary edition (surround ofcourse) of Universal Migrator Part 1 - The Dream Sequencer en/of Universal Migrator Part 2 - Flight of the Migrator, his answer: "I'd love to but it also depends on record companies and other releases, but it will happen eventually, I promise!" so there is hope :rocks
I am still hoping for 24bit DL of his albums.

The Blu-ray has a really nice mix - a very wide front sound stage with the rears being used for some instrumentation and effects. The bass is there but not overwhelming. The audience can be heard but is not a major factor, the music takes precedence. The concert is well filmed but can come across as a bit soft in parts (maybe it's the smoke effects). Highly recommended if you like prog. (y)

I finished watching/listening this morning. Watched about 2/3 rd's yesterday and finished this morning along with the Interview documentary.
Highly enjoyable, great live concert, highly visual, lots of information between book and video extra's. Every time I see Arjen, I think of him as a true artist, music, visuals, writing, he really involves himself in the whole process.
This is the 3rd super deluxe I have, Universe, Electric Castle 20th and this Electric Castle Live. Universe is more metal and this is more toned down.
This purchase is for the visual experience of Electric Castle Live, the surround is very good but it is as expected a live concert video.
I really enjoyed all the parts of this gold foil, 5 disc booklet I purchased.
A lot of times I will rip the audio out of a concert disc, but I have not done this with any of the Ayreon's concert videos as I thoroughly enjoy watching and listening.
As always thanks to JanBakker for turning me onto Aryeon in 2016 I think.
If this was a poll I would vote 10 for the entire experience, book, video, and audio.

Very good Blu-Ray visually and audio. The highlight is set 1 with the complete album. The surround is more active in some places with mostly keys, and sometimes drums and guitar in the rears. My criticism goes for set 2 with other ayreon projects, only Guil Machine is worth it. The interviews are too long, 3 hours is a bit too much.

I really enjoyed this live presentation as well. Watched it twice within first 2 days of getting the bluray. I do not usually do that with live stuff but as others have said Arjen and his great cast of singers and musicians put on a fantastic show.

Usually Arjen has used DD but this one was encoded in DTS.
I think thats a first for Arjen or am I wrong on that.

I ordered Guilt Machine cd\dvd as did not know about that one.
No surround on that one but sure liking his music.

Back